Speaker stands for my new RP-600Ms.

Chuckster_62

I have recently purchased a pair of Klipsch RP-600M and I'm really enjoying the sound coming from these 600Ms vs. my Quartets. So I've decided to move the Quartets out and now I need speaker stands for the RP-600M and I notice on the Klipsch website while looking at the RP-600M technical page; they show the RP-600M bookshelf speakers resting on these nice curved speaker stands. Does anyone know what is the manufacture of those speaker stands? Thanks, Charles

why don't you raise your Quartet so that the centre of the mid horn is at your seated ear level (usually around 38-41 inches up off the floor depending on your furniture) play with positioning and see what you think about them before you off them out the door? You might be in for a surprise. If yo like the quartets then install new Bob Crites titanium tweeter diaphragms and crossovers. there won't be any contest between the two speaker systems. Lots of other upgrade tweaks you can do to you quartet if you want to go even farther with them.

I have the Quartets mid-horns right at 30" (they're sitting on top of my subwoofers) and the 600Ms are at 42" (sitting on top of the Quartets). I have the 600Ms laying on it side with the tweeters outward. In your opinion, the Quartets are a better sounding speakers with proper set up and upgrades, correct?

5 hours ago, Chuckster_62 said:

I have the Quartets mid-horns right at 30" (they're sitting on top of my subwoofers) and the 600Ms are at 42" (sitting on top of the Quartets). I have the 600Ms laying on it side with the tweeters outward. In your opinion, the Quartets are a better sounding speakers with proper set up and upgrades, correct?

yes, then position the Quartet's so the centre of the mid horn is at the same height as your ears when you are seated and that ought to be a bingo moment.

Look through Home Depot, Wayfair, Amazon, etc for plant stands. 

I like wood and have my rear channels sitting on Mission style parawood (rubber tree wood) stands 36" tall.  Two shorter sizes are available.  I bought unfinished and did it myself.  Parawood does a nice job of looking like oak or mahogany.  It is smooth, dense and strong. 

• Like 1

Some art sites or galleries might have plinths that could make suitable stands.  I've seen them listed in a selection of heights, to suit various situations.  Some years ago, I was in a storefront art gallery and noticed a nice tall plinth holding up a stone bust.  The plinth was essentially a tall box (roughly 40 inches tall) with no external features and a glossy dark paint finish.  It was just the right height, and its top matched the width and depth of one of the Heresy IIs that I planned to use as surround speakers.  After a bit of bargaining, I left with the plinth and they kept the sculpture.  The other speaker already had its stand arrangement sorted, so the two surround Heresy IIs were ready to go.

• 3 months later...