Wife's Mom passed away

Marvel

Pretty tired after the weekend. Saturday afternoon we were shopping and my wife Carna got a message from one of her sisters in the Philippines, saying their mom had passed away. Her health had been declining a lost over the past few years, and she was 88. Considering she was a Hansenite patient (cured), all her medical/hospital bills and service was free. Saturday evening we got a flight booked and she left Sunday morning at 6:00 am. She should have just now arrived in Manila, where, in the morning she will get a flight to one of the other islands and then catch a boat for the last fourteen miles or so. It's pretty exhausting. One sister will be coming in from Ireland, while the one who works in Iceland won't be able to make it.

If I seem a little goofy on her for the next few days, I miss my wife being here. Her dad told her mom that he would be along soon, and he is 89 with a lot of the same complications.

Her mom's name is Antonia, and father is Constancio.

Bruce

My thoughts are with you and your family, Bruce.  Let me know if there is anything that I can do.

Chris

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Pretty tired after the weekend. Saturday afternoon we were shopping and my wife Carna got a message from one of her sisters in the Philippines, saying their mom had passed away. Her health had been declining a lost over the past few years, and she was 88. Considering she was a Hansenite patient (cured), all her medical/hospital bills and service was free. Saturday evening we got a flight booked and she left Sunday morning at 6:00 am. She should have just now arrived in Manila, where, in the morning she will get a flight to one of the other islands and then catch a boat for the last fourteen miles or so. It's pretty exhausting. One sister will be coming in from Ireland, while the one who works in Iceland won't be able to make it.

If I seem a little goofy on her for the next few days, I miss my wife being here. Her dad told her mom that he would be along soon, and he is 89 with a lot of the same complications.

Her mom's name is Antonia, and father is Constancio.

Bruce

This is extremely sad news!  God bless you, your wife and her family!  My prayers are with you all!

I definitely feel the pain!  My Mother-in-law, Zenaida (Mama-'Naida) Clarinan-Palma, passed away a few months after my last trip to the Philippines while she was still (barely!) alive in her run through with stage-four cancer!  I was NOT able to make it back for her funeral!  One of my life's serious regrets! 

But the morning I left to return stateside in January of 2011, I knew that it would be the last we saw of each other alive!  She struggled to get up from her chair, looked into my eyes with tears in hers...which brought tears into my own...and told me as she hugged me as hard as she still could:  "My Dear Son, Andy....we both know, don't we, that THIS will be our last hug together!  You have been MORE than a son to me ever since I first met you...and even before then!....and I love you as a mother should  love a son...I am so very proud to have known you and to have had you in my life...always remember that!  I know that you will always be a good husband to my Cat-Cat, and take good care of her!  Don't worry, we will both meet again someday, but not here! Thank you for making so many of my dreams come true...I love you SO MUCH!" 

My wife was crying, too!  Because she also knew it!  It was the very saddest of goodbyes for us all!  She amazingly managed to live thru her next birthday, her 69th,  just over six months later...because that was her final main goal in life!  She died three days after that birthday, but had been unconscious since the evening of her last birthday!  Because I was still on active duty with the Army, again....My wife had to endure the whole thing without me being PHYSICALLY by her side...yet another of the greatest serious regrets of my life!

See you at the Pilgrimage, I hope...we have much more in common than just love of Klipsch speakers!...especially now!

Again my prayers are with you all! 

Sorry for the loss of your family member Bruce.  Between my wife and me we have only one parent left.  Both my parents are gone and her father has passed also.  It's the part of life that's the hardest to deal with.  I hope you and your wife find peace soon with the memories of her mother filling your heart.

5 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

See you at the Pilgrimage, I hope...we have much more in common than just love of Klipsch speakers!...especially now!

Again my prayers are with you all! 

Andy, I want very much to be able to sit and talk with you, but unfortunately we won't be there. Could be lots of good stories to share.

Too much to do and not really able to get any more time off right now. First next trip is to deliver my LaScalas to my older son up in North Carolina. We have five grandkids to spend some time with there as well. 

The LS are being replaced with some MWM (doubles) bins and an as yet to be worked out top section. I'm supposed to get get the MWMs this Wednesday.

Bruce