Wife's Mom passed away

Marvel

8 minutes ago, finallygotmyheresies said:

So sorry for your loss Marvel. I don't know you but just based off reading your posts you seem like a genuinely good person. 

Bruce, I'm sorry don't really know what else to say but when I read your post and the above I felt the exact same way.

On 4/22/2019 at 11:49 AM, Marvel said:

Pretty tired after the weekend. Saturday afternoon we were shopping and my wife Carna got a message from one of her sisters in the Philippines, saying their mom had passed away. Her health had been declining a lost over the past few years, and she was 88. Considering she was a Hansenite patient (cured), all her medical/hospital bills and service was free. Saturday evening we got a flight booked and she left Sunday morning at 6:00 am. She should have just now arrived in Manila, where, in the morning she will get a flight to one of the other islands and then catch a boat for the last fourteen miles or so. It's pretty exhausting. One sister will be coming in from Ireland, while the one who works in Iceland won't be able to make it.

Bruce

I certainly hope that Carna didn't get delayed getting home by the earthquake that affected southern Luzon a bit on or about her arrival time in the Phils, but its epicenter was on the western side of Samar (where one of my brothers-in-law lives nowadays).  We can talk in PM later now that I am back home!

On 4/26/2019 at 8:55 PM, Coytee said:

Lost my mother a year ago on Christmas day.

This happens. My best friend lost his wife on Christmas day 3 years ago. We all loved her. Now he and his family share Christmas with us and we take a moment to share a special memory or two of her on that day. It's healing for us and I hope you find a similar thing to do.

Got one of those next day flights, where they jack up the price. No bereavement flights. That's the way it goes, though.

Carna got back last night... I drove to Atlanta to pick her up and her flight from Chicago to Atlanta was delayed. We arrived home about midnight and didn't get to bed until 1:00.  She was still out whenI left for work this morning, and she didn't wake up until 11:30. I talked to her about 15 minutes ago and she was so surprised that she slept so long.

Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement.

@HDBRbuilder   No problem from the earthquakes. Fortunately, the runways at NAIA are ok, but they closed the ones at Clark.

Bruce