Klipschorn boxes

lone-wolf

Ok mega long-shot here...

I am looking at a pair of Klipschorns at the moment and they would need to be shipped internationally, I have shipped La Scala's internationally before and used a fantastic company that built a custom crate. The Khorns I am looking at are very, very clean cosmetically and I am looking at the best way to protect them in transit. I figure original boxes along with custom crates would do a very good job - I wondered if anyone here had the boxes their khorns came in and would they be willing to sell them?

I am one of those people that keeps the box for almost everything I buy, its a strange little quirk but I am sure there are others out there. If you have kept some and think you would be willing to part with them you might help preserve something beautiful, its a good cause!

I contacted Klipsch to see if they would sell some boxes but no such luck unfortunately!

Home depot sells 2" thick styrofoam.  Buy several sheets of that, several rolls of tape, some shrink wrap, a bunch of big boxes, a utility knife and a good sized pallet and get to work. 

Face to face with the foam between the k Horns should make a "square" on the pallet.  Then more foam around the outside and cardboard and shrink wrap.  Make sure you also tie them down to the pallet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lone-wolf said:

Thanks for the insight,  however I did contact Klipsch and no luck with them, the customer service operator said they don't sell the boxes.

I'll speak to your other recommendation and see what I can dig up!

Oops... Maybe I missed that last line.

32 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

they do sell the boxes, I have the part numbers somewhere, ex-VP Steve Jain had some he was trying to ship so I looked into it.  Getting them to you may not be the cheapest thing ever tho.  

I had a guy spend $1000 on shipping boxes for a pair of B&W N801s that I sold to him.  Crazy for that as crates could have been built for less.    The boxes were for the S Series and I had to modify the styro-foam to fit the N801s.  Luckily I knew how to do this, I would have felt terrible telling him that the boxes did not work.  

On 4/24/2019 at 5:25 AM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Home depot sells 2" thick styrofoam.  Buy several sheets of that, several rolls of tape, some shrink wrap, a bunch of big boxes, a utility knife and a good sized pallet and get to work. 

I'm the buyer, not the seller. The shipping company I am using will crate them for me but this pair of K-Horns are minters and I don't want any chips to veneer so looking at the best way possible to protect them.