"Brit-Floyd", tribute band to PF is on tour

Coytee

https://www.britfloyd.com/

Saw them last night.

They were very good.  They essentially played the entire Wall album with some other pieces sprinkled in throughout.

Did I say they were very good?  They played some good tracks and they absolutely shredded some as well (shredded in a good way)  Light show was also VERY good.

Are they as good as the originals?  No...  but had you not known you were seeing a tribute band and thought you WERE seeing the originals, would you have left with a big S... Eating Grin on your face?  Yes!  One thing I noticed while sitting there....  they got applause after virtually every song they played.  When I saw the originals, they got a standing ovation after virtually every song they played.

They played the song from DSOTM, I think called Great Gig in the Sky, where the girl screams & moans....  There was a gal who stepped up to the mic and just screamed her guts out.  Gal has an impressive voice. 

They're going to be in Chattanooga this Friday with other shows elsewhere.

Very enjoyable, I'd not hesitate to see them again.  I noticed later in their European tour, they're going to some 1,000 year old location on Sicaly (if I recall).....  looks like that would be a REALLY cool venue, especially with the light show.

I saw them in the old Tennessee Theater which was probably a bit on the small size for what they were trying to do however, it allowed them to over-power the room whenever they wanted.

If they're within your circle to see them and you like PF, then count me as one person standing behind you pushing you towards the ticket counter.....  Just shut up & do it kind of thing!

8 minutes ago, MenloBob said:

They played a show for David Gilmour's 60th birthday. David said it was interesting as he'd never seen a Floyd show from the audience.

I recall years ago, seeing a snippet from an interview with him regarding DSOTM.....  Don't recall what he said but the point of it was "We never got to hear the LP for the first time" I thought that was interesting (given that I likely butchered his actual comment)

1 minute ago, Coytee said:

We never got to hear the LP for the first time"

Because the final mix of the album took all ten hands of the band plus Alan Parsons to control all of the track levels from the multitrack tapes. Nick Mason recalled it as more complicated than playing any of the songs.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that one.

On 4/23/2019 at 11:29 AM, MenloBob said:

They played a show for David Gilmour's 60th birthday. David said it was interesting as he'd never seen a Floyd show from the audience.

I believe The Australian Pink Floyd played at his 50th B-Day. It was the only 'officially approved' by PF tribute band. IIRC, some of the leads way back started the Brit show. Amazingly talented guitarists, epecially.

Both bands still perform.