Help Selling a Musician's Heresy Industrials who has Medical Issues

Ian108

9 hours ago, Frzninvt said:

I have a pair and one of them has the input cup with just HI on it and then they stamped a "P" next to it the other one has HIP on it.  You have to remember Klipsch used whatever parts they had available.  It is obvious that they are ported if it bugs you add a "P" with a sharpie and get over it.

Howdy Frzninvt,

No, of course whether the input cup says HI or HIP does not bug me. If you read my original entry in this post, along with my follow up questions, you'll comprehend I am but endeavoring to become educated by the fine and knowledgeable members of this forum so I can best help a musician who is in need. That's my sole goal! But thx for your description of your speaker pair.

On 4/25/2019 at 11:44 AM, Ian108 said:

Howdy Jimjimbo. Thanks. What is the FB Marketplace you refer to?

If you have a FB account, simply do a search there on "Marketplace" or similar and you will find it.  I believe it will automatically load to your locality.

11 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

If you have a FB account, simply do a search there on "Marketplace" or similar and you will find it.  I believe it will automatically load to your locality.

Jimimbo! Your response above made me laugh--thx. This as on top of my initial question, which you were replying to, I was befuddled by your response about a FB account. Another mystery. I googled and cracked up upon discovery you were talking about Facebook. More or less I am not a Facebook user. I opened a FB account a long time ago solely to access photos a friend took. Their marketplace sounds like a good use of Facebook.

Edited by Ian108
minor grammer issue

On 4/27/2019 at 4:36 PM, Ian108 said:

Jimimbo! Your response above made me laugh--thx. This as on top of my initial question, which you were replying to, I was befuddled by your response about a FB account. Another mystery. I googled and cracked up upon discovery you were talking about Facebook. More or less I am not a Facebook user. I opened a FB account a long time ago solely to access photos a friend took. Their marketplace sounds like a good use of Facebook.

Hope that was a help.  FB Marketplace of course has become very popular, and lots of folks have bought and sold some great gear there.

Have you had any success in selling them?

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Hope that was a help.  FB Marketplace of course has become very popular, and lots of folks have bought and sold some great gear there.

Have you had any success in selling them?

Jimjimbo. Over the weekend I summarized the information I accumulated from the knowledgeable members of this forum, including ballpark pricing he could expect. As I understand, at this time, the musician might give the speakers away to someone who really wants them but has no money. All this leaves me somewhat perplexed. And thus I am in a holding pattern on marketing them. There is a slight possibility I may have misunderstood his thoughts, as due to one of his medical issues, his speech can be difficult to understand, especially on a phone call. Stay tuned!

On 4/23/2019 at 8:14 PM, Ian108 said:

Howdy Everybody,

I'm assisting a professional musician with his pair of Heresy Industrial speakers. He has several serious medical issues resulting in an inability to perform, only one of which is a complete loss of hearing in one ear. It is time for him to raise some cash by selling well-loved items he's no longer able to use--starting with these speakers. I am familiar with and like standard Heresys, but am unfamiliar with Industrial versions. I'd appreciate help from forum members. From research, I was fascinated at finding a thread from 2007 (started by triceatops) about his then just acquired pair of Heresy Industrials. See: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/87919-heresy-industrial-ported/

This musician's speakers are identical to triceatops. Serial Numbers of triceatops's pair are 1320 and 1321. I only examined one of the musician's speakers; it has a 1324 Serial Number. Likely the other one is 1325. If true, the musician's speakers are the 2nd pair of Industrials manufactured after triceatops's pair. After all these years subsequent to their production, I find it a remarkable coincidence that triceatops and the musician's "sibling speakers" are still in existence and are discussed on this forum!

Triceatops asked a question in his tread that I did not see a reply to. I have the same question. His speakers are designated Heresy Industrial Type HI rather than Type HIP. Are these Heresy Industrial Ported speakers (HIP) that for some reason Klipsch calls Type HI or are they different from HIP's? If so, how are they different?

Any suggestions on where to market them? Is it but the usual suspects of ebay, Craigslist, or less likely Audiogon? With the expertise on this forum, can anyone ballpark their value assuming all drivers work? Given their early vintage are the drivers within known? Or do I need to check out which ones, and possibly which crossover, are used prior to receiving a ballpark value?

I read that Bob Crites has a post on Heresy Industrial serial numbers. I've searched but cannot find it. Could someone please post a link to his post?

Much thanks for your kind assistance. 🙂

RearTerminals600_3714.jpg

Speaker600_3719.jpg

I would like to buy your speakers. Can you email me at RoofingByfrankmerchant@yahoo.com , All one word. Thank you