Check out this little system I just put together

tigerwoodKhorns

My wife and I like to do puzzles in our dining room (Great activity to spend a lot of time together talking).  I was getting sick of having the music in the other room so here is where we wound up.  I need to mount the speakers on the wall up higher when I finish out the trim in the room.  Anyone know of some decent shelves?  I may need to fabricate something. 

All Craigslist buys.  I picked up the Denon 3805 and DVD 2910 knowing that they would become useful some day. Two years later and here you go .  After getting the B&Ws I searched for a cabinet.  I got the stand on Craigslist for $30, but it was really tall.  I took it apart, cut the legs on a table saw, re-drilled the holes to move the drawer and shelves (that took a while) and here you go.  It looks a lot better at 34" tall.  I bought the power strip from a recommendation on here about 10 or 15 years ago. 

image.jpeg.a48778569d1762e87d89d5c96820ea45.jpeg

image.jpeg.fe12763d51a0466c8bc3fb0ed8cadcfd.jpeg

• Like 5

Its funny, with all of this equipment, I listen to a pair of bookshelf speakers all day while I work and now these bookshelf speakers will get quite a bit of play when we are in there.  We are doing quite a bit of work to the house so my stereo sits with a sheet over it. 

I also forgot the past two pieces of the system, monster cable RCA interconnects that were free with some purchase years a go and Monster Cable speaker cables that came free with a recent purchase of a pair of JBL speakers.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

Next you'll need to get dual subs, upgraded caps for the crossovers, sound treatments, a high end DAC and an external amp..... 🤣😀😎

I have learned that simple is better.  I remember my Chevelle with a high compression 454 and 4:11 gears.  Looked good on paper but not much fun to own.  This system is staying as is, and no I will not put Jubilees in there.  :) 

21 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Nice work,

you or your  wife must be interior designers. Bet it sounds good too.

Mark

I gave up cars years ago and do home improvement as a hobby.  I made the table and matching side cart and inserts in the floors.  I also cut every piece of marble myself on the floors and walls out of 3/4" slabs on a bride saw. 

I just need to fab some speakers mounts, finish the trim and this room is done. 

• Like 2

A friend in High School had a '70 or '71 root beer brown SS 454, four speed. One good first through fourth gear donut in the parking lot, and the High School told him he needed

to find another High School to go to.

That is nice looking work. I like the marble going up the wall.

@tigerwoodKhorns

If you aren't opposed to the idea of brackets, this is excellent as long as there are studs to get to near where you want them.

You would have to put a small screw hole in each side of the speaker though...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GUITK24/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

19 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I have learned that simple is better.  I remember my Chevelle with a high compression 454 and 4:11 gears.  Looked good on paper but not much fun to own.  This system is staying as is, and no I will not put Jubilees in there.  :) 

Oh yeah I forgot the Jubes 😁