If I wanted new grilles...

Archguy

For months I've been trying to find Klipsch Forte IIIs in any darker wood (e.g. walnut, rosewood) but with the lighter grilles such as lambswool (beige).

It's no trouble finding the speakers but the beige grilles are rare as hens' teeth.  So the simple solution, I figured, would be to buy walnut speakers on the aftermarket and then source the grilles from the factory.  But when I've tried corresponding with Klipsch to determine availability and pricing they won't discuss it with me until and unless I can supply them with serial numbers. Advice?

Forte-III-Lifestyle-SE-California-Walnut

Look at these pages--they just reversed the image to demonstrate veneer 'bookmatching'

https://www.klipsch.com/products/forte-iii

https://www.klipsch.com/products/cornwall-iii-special-edition-rosewood

3 hours ago, veloceleste said:

Asked the same question but got an answer. $450.00 for the lambs wool grills from he factory. I'll pass at that price.

Yea and then some people get bent out of shape when they call Bob Crites for parts.....You would think they woud sell a Klipsch owner any parts he needs. I see the reason for having a serial number thats a reasonable request to prove you have a product. 

6 hours ago, Archguy said:

Look at these pages--they just reversed the image to demonstrate veneer 'bookmatching'

https://www.klipsch.com/products/forte-iii

https://www.klipsch.com/products/cornwall-iii-special-edition-rosewood

That may be what they did for "web" purposes, but perhaps not.  My Forte IIIs (in walnut w/ black grilles 'cause momma said) sure look extremely close like that, too, in real life.  Just get the stock walnut setup.  You won't care one whit about the grille color once you've got them up and running.

And do yourself a real favor by having Cory ship them to you new.  He just might could customize the grilles, too.

On 4/25/2019 at 1:50 AM, Archguy said:

when I've tried corresponding with Klipsch to determine availability and pricing they won't discuss it with me until and unless I can supply them with serial numbers

Had a similar problem when I tried to get some upgraded parts for Pro speakers.  Did have serial numbers, but was "refused."  Horrible customer experience :D 

So ... now they are playing the same game with consumer products also???? 

• Like 1

I did something similar, and got good results using a linen blend.

Linen can be sourced at any fabric store – but also quality art supply stores. 100% linen, and linen blended 80/20 with cotton can closely resemble the "lambswool" you mention, with the irregular striations caused by the variance of fibers and coloration. The blends tend to be lighter in color, closer to the color of "lambswool"... (Okay, I can't help myself here... "lambswool" ? Really? You're not using sheep? No sheep? Just the little lambs? I can see going to this trouble for socks and underwear – maybe – ?!)

[ Aside: These are 80/20 blend. For those curious about the cabinet finish in the pictures – I've included a shot of the back label with the code ]

cornwall-comp.jpg

• Like 1

@Archguy: My comments (above) about using the the word "lambswool" were meant to poke fun at the marketing – and not the original post. (I, too, think the new "lambswool" screens look great). If they're only using the fibers from lambs, then fine. But if the fibers are simply wool, then call it that. There's nothing second rate about wool. And besides, a quality product's image can suffer if associated with exaggerations and hyperbole – that's the realm of hucksters – and I can't help but imagine where PWK would side on this.

17 hours ago, Endo said:

@Archguy: My comments (above) about using the the word "lambswool" were meant to poke fun at the marketing – and not the original post. (I, too, think the new "lambswool" screens look great). If they're only using the fibers from lambs, then fine. But if the fibers are simply wool, then call it that. There's nothing second rate about wool. And besides, a quality product's image can suffer if associated with exaggerations and hyperbole – that's the realm of hucksters – and I can't help but imagine where PWK would side on this.

Couldn't agree more, and I see no reason to harass little lambs either.  But maybe it's hot and they need a haircut?  Meanwhile, I'd be happy if we could just get Klipsch to stop using profanity in their marketing materials.  I can't help but imagine PWK would object to that as well.  But the current owners gotta keep it realz I guess.  

klipsch-4-letters.jpg

3 hours ago, Archguy said:

Couldn't agree more, and I see no reason to harass little lambs either.  But maybe it's hot and they need a haircut?  Meanwhile, I'd be happy if we could just get Klipsch to stop using profanity in their marketing materials.  I can't help but imagine PWK would object to that as well.  But the current owners gotta keep it realz I guess.  

klipsch-4-letters.jpg

Funny... Have you ever met him or seen a picture with Paul and his Bullshit button ?  I have and I'm pretty sure Bullshit would be okay with him. 

9 hours ago, ricktate said:

That lambs wool at a fabric store is not very good. Order this but tell them to roll it for mailing cause getting the wrinkles out is pretty hard. https://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/itemdetail.pl?item=59-135X    I tried that stuff from a fabric store it sucks.

Thanks... yes I bought some which arrived folded and had to spend some time ironing it out. 

9 hours ago, ricktate said:

Funny... Have you ever met him or seen a picture with Paul and his Bullshit button ?  I have and I'm pretty sure Bullshit would be okay with him. 

Haven't met him (he's dead, right?) but for the sake of argument, using profanity in your personal life (which I'm happy to do) is quite different from disseminating it in the public sphere, or having it represent your company.  If Klipsch (the company) used profanity in its marketing materials while PWK was alive (he's dead, right?) then I will happily stand corrected. 

Example: I'm seeing the "F" word just about everywhere nowadays.  If that's progress, count me out.