Heresy I cabinet back sealing?

Yes it should be
A thin rubber tape will be fine. If it’s to thick you will need longer screws

Dollar for dollar Klipsch has no equals
Name one other speaker company that can build a speaker and keep working like new after 45 plus years of service. Answer NO ONE !!!!!!

• Like 1

Well with the H1’s and H2/3’s they need to be sealed very well as the woofer has very little movement ability or the X max measurement so it highly relies off of havei g a very well sealed cabinet

Name one other speaker company that can build a speaker and keep working like new after 45 plus years of service. Answer NO ONE !!!!!!

• Like 1

Go to the audio parts store and get some cork gasket and seal it with that or see if they any rubber that will work

On 4/25/2019 at 4:51 PM, carlthess40 said:

Well with the H1’s and H2/3’s they need to be sealed very well as the woofer has very little movement ability or the X max measurement so it highly relies off of havei g a very well sealed cabinet

Thanks! I will attend to the back sealing for my new-for-me Heresys. One has a speaker terminal loose in a too big a hole, badly.  I need to fill gthe hole and put in a new through-the-cabinet speaker terminal, like brass screws I put in a home built speaker I made years ago! VERY well sealed!

John Kuthe...

I've got some industrial double sticky 1/16" foam tape that I'll use to seal up my Heresys, after I fix that bum speaker terminal hole! And I'm gonna use longer screws when I finally seal mine up just because a few of the stock screws seemed a little well-used, if ya know what I mean!

John Kuthe...

The thinking from Klipsch was/is that they were "tight enough" without a gasket.  However, a gasket cannot hurt, unless it glues the back on.  be sure to seal the ends of the screw blocks where they almost touch.  Use a glue stronger and more durable than silicone.

I'd say that so long as the woofer, when (appropriately) pushed backward and held for a moment, is not delayed in returning when released, and no "air movement" sounds are detectable from the would-be-sealed locations, the boxes are air-tight-enough.  Not that it would hurt to go the extra mile sealing them up, but it doesn't really gain anything past a point.

Gasket material is not required.  Nevertheless, I always use it when replacing the backs on Klipsch Heritage -- even ported Heritage.  Similarly, the woofers in most Heritage have 8 mounting holes, but Klipsch used only four mounting screws.  Are eight screws required? No.  Are eight screws better? Yes.  Is thin gasket tape, as referenced above, better?  IMO, yes.