SOLD Harman Kardon 630 Receiver with wood case

tromprof

I am selling a Harman Kardon 630 twin powered receiver with matching wood case. The receiver is in good operating condition with all lights and functions working.

I have not had any work done on it so given its age a bit of TLC is due down the road, but it sounds good and is functional as is.

The matching wood case is in very good shape.

I would like $200 for it , and would prefer local pick up (West Chester, OH), though I might be willing to ship with buyer paying shipping costs. This is however a big, heavy unit and shipping would not be cheap.

IMG_1417 (1).JPG

IMG_1418 (1).JPG

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Awesome unit.  I had a 730 a white back that I only got rid of because I went from a two channel setup to surround sound.

Thinking of going back to two channel, actually.

Still enjoying the Academy?

The Academy is great! Using it in my KG4 setup and it is really matches well.

• Like 1

HHD-

That is an excellent deal on an excellent receiver.  Including the wooden case for $200 makes it special.  GLWS

To interested potential buyers, FWIW, I recently shipped a heavier h/k 730 from Detroit to a member in Georgia. FedEx charged $33.68 for the well packed unit.  Even if you spent ~ $300 to have it serviced, you’d have a receiver that would be difficult to beat at that total investment..

• Like 1

For those of you who are NOT "in the know" about the twin-power H/K stereo receiver series...the 630 was replaced in the line-up by the 730...they are basically the same unit, but the lay-out is different for the heat sinks/output transistors on the 630...they are open at the rear...and cool very well!  The 630 is VERY CONSERVATIVELY rated at 30 WPC...the 730 at 35 WPC; both have "U" connectors on the rear for pre-amp out/amp-in which gives them good versatility as possible separates usage candidates...the tuner is very good, also!  Instead of a "loudness" switch they have a "contour" switch; and they both have the "X30" series trademark "ultra-wide-band-frequency-response" which covers MUCH more range than the competitors of their day:  4Hz to 70kHz !!!!!  Think about that particular spec for a minute or two!...especially when its competition was touting: 20Hz to 20 kHz.....For its time, the phono stage is also great!  Klipsch Heritage series speakers love them!

harmon_kardon_hk_630_receiver_front.thumb.jpg.1306847fa45f1eb2e1ba616b1930d225.jpgharmon_kardon_hk_630_receiver_rear.thumb.jpg.3107a6e8c51a9ccc118075ef1c2f72e1.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

I've been using an HK 730 for about nine years. Excellent piece!

The H/K 930 is TOTL...with a most excellent tuner!  45 WPC....but also commands the highest price...which is only fair!  For Klipsch Heritage, any of the series will do just fine, though!😉  A couple of decades ago, when a very young Justin Weber was looking for something for his Heresy speakers which was AFFORDABLE...I caught an ungodly amount of flack on the forum for suggesting an H/K 430!  They were going for anywhere from around 25 bucks on up in those days on eBay!!  After awhile, though, more and more forum members gave models from that series a listen....and I am very happy that they did so!  Unfortunately the end-result was bidding competitions which drove up the average  prices quite a bit over the years!  One of the funniest things about the flack involved was that all of the tube-lovers were primarily going with old Dynaco's and such, but also highly desired an H/K Citation II or V!!!  I wondered why they thought that early H/K receiver series models could not "cut the mustard" when they had actually evolved to be tube-like in sound to replicate H/K's earlier tube amp popularity??  Go figure!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rockhound said:

Andy I'm 2 miles outside of town on the little Missouri river.

So, the LOWER Little Mo, then...downstream from Narrows Dam, right?  I was raised up about a mile or so (as the crow flies) from the Lower Little MO, 9 miles east of Prescott on HWY 24E.

• 4 months later...