Do you listen to Internet radio/stream?

JohnA

What are your favorite "stations"? 

Listening to "Bar Rockin' Blues" (claims to be from Chicago), now, but also Audiophile Rock and Blues. Audiophile Jazz, Blues and Roots Radio, Adore Vocal Jazz, SiriusXM's Classic Vinyl, .....  Primarily I listen through the VTuner app in my Integra Pre/Pro.  There are 45,000(?) different stations from all over the world.  I even dial up one from Haiti before my annual trip. 

I bought the coolest streaming radio a few days ago, a Mondo+.  It's in the Master Bath, but has a battery so I can take it elsewhere.  It seems to find anything I can type into it, though that's tedious. 

• 2 years later...

Yeah, this is an old, old thread. But I've become a fan of https://coloradosound.org/  Enough that I support them to the tune of a few bucks a month. I'll listen when driving or working in the shop when highest sound quality doesn't matter. No commercial BS and such a wide range of music that I find new stuff I like regularly. Your mileage may vary, of course, but people that stop by and hang out always take note of it.  This is the streaming media player for PC that I use in my shop:  https://player.streamguys.com/kjac/sgplayer/player.php  

Also, the Bring to a Boil and Cover weekday segment with the original and a cover is usually very interesting as is the weekly Music History 101 program.

My Bluesound Node 3 offers TuneIn. I haven't used it much, yet, but plan to start exploring. I live in central Iowa and radio here is pretty much a wasteland.

I hope this thread takes off so I can get suggestions of stations to try.

18 minutes ago, CWelsh said:

My Bluesound Node 3 offers TuneIn. I haven't used it much, yet, but plan to start exploring. I live in central Iowa and radio here is pretty much a wasteland.

I hope this thread takes off so I can get suggestions of stations to try.

I've tried listening to the stations on TuneIn and seem to have problems with stream interruptions. Not sure if it's TuneIn or something in my system, but I have better luck with direct stream.

4 hours ago, chassell said:

I've tried listening to the stations on TuneIn and seem to have problems with stream interruptions. Not sure if it's TuneIn or something in my system, but I have better luck with direct stream.

I used it for the first time this past Sunday and stayed with the same station for several hours. I didn't have any problems, but that may not be representative. I'm still learning how to use the BlueOS app, so I don't know if direct stream is even an option for me.

We listen to Jazz FM out of Toronto most weekends, Great channel. As well I bought a subscription for a streaming service called Radio.com. $70 for the year, it has several sub stations inside it, rock, jazz etc, and each of those break down into about 20 different genres.

• Like 1

I have also recently discovered Sirius XM online. I have had a sub for my Jeep for ages, but until recently they charged extra to stream. Little Steven's underground Garage has been getting more play recently. You can adjust the bit rate which makes a big difference.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I listen to local FM.

The only local station that comes in clearly is one I don't care for at all. And the other local station that I used to enjoy in my car has gone to crap. Nashville may be Music City, but their radio leaves a lot to be desired...

32 minutes ago, chassell said:

The only local station that comes in clearly is one I don't care for at all. And the other local station that I used to enjoy in my car has gone to crap. Nashville may be Music City, but their radio leaves a lot to be desired...

We have three classic rock and two country stations here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2021 at 1:34 PM, Dave MacKay said:

I enjoy Radio Paradise.

It plays a great, eclectic mix and has introduced me to music and artists that I wouldn't have heard otherwise. Because it's listener supported there aren't any commercials.

I've been listening to Radio Paradise more and particularly enjoy the option of listening in the MQA format. The sound is really amazing and I'm being introduced to new artists.

Worldwide internet radio is a true enrichment of my life. I always liked FM but now it is so cool. In the past we were happy if FM was possible in good weather to get a Dutch station. Nowadays it is so great what is offered. Bluesound has embodied Tunein without ads. Here my current selection.

C2CAF41B-7E1D-40E6-8901-F55CA874048D.png

117A9629-AAF8-4407-B710-BBB47A59A225.png

AD9FE72E-C754-4C73-8882-48ADA50A7171.png

• Like 1