new here. is this right?

guf

hi guys, thanks! 

they are sitting on Isoacoustic stands so tweeters are aimed at me.

I  usually have a single driver Omega desktop speakers here but I want to try the Heresy with these electronics and it was easier than moving everything to the other room. I'm surprised how great it sounds. I would have thought I needed more than 3 feet for the sound to balance out.  I love them near field.  

Working on a vinyl set up. ( although not to stay at the desktop,} I made the decision now i just need to make it happen.  

3 hours ago, guf said:

I want to try the Heresy with these electronics and it was easier than moving everything to the other room. I'm surprised how great it sounds. I would have thought I needed more than 3 feet for the sound to balance out.  I love them near field.  

Me too.:D

I sit my chair about 4 feet away in an isosceles triangle configuration.  Some things have changed since this photo like electronics and removing of the risers but the sound is incredible.

Bill

Bedroom Onkyo Integra and Hersy II combo.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, guf said:

😁

IMG_1193.thumb.jpeg.0bff776c9ac87fa0bcc0d3238a602902.jpeg

powered with a 45 korneff amp, Emia pre, holo spring dac, rythmik f8

That doesn't look quite right. 

Those speakers are a little small for nearfield, but everybody has to start somewhere.  🤓

5a5da46ced990_CF-4Computersetupright1.thumb.jpg.68053bc463f650c39d6fc1fc468dacc0.jpg

Guf, that is really cool!  I've been doing a lot of desk-top stuff but haven't yet been called upon to do it with Heresys.  How loudly do you listen?  I can't imagine that you would need more than 50 milliwatts to get blown across the room with such high efficiency speakers.

Maynard

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 12:47 PM, guf said:

😁

IMG_1193.thumb.jpeg.0bff776c9ac87fa0bcc0d3238a602902.jpeg

powered with a 45 korneff amp, Emia pre, holo spring dac, rythmik f8

Are those H2's or 3's?  I think they are VERY right!

Here's my desktop.  The speakers are KP-3002, being driven by my PC in 7.1 through an Onkyo HT receiver.

IMG_1029.jpg

The speakers in the upper left/right corners are KG4's, that were the predecessors to the Pro units.

• Like 1