Tweeter diaphragm problem and solution

Dave A

Bought a pair of Ti diaphragms for a set of K-792's in a speaker where I figured to restore them but not run the cost up with new tweeters. So I go to the frequency sweep generator for some reason this time and I am glad I did. One of the tweeters was considerably quieter than the other. Now I remembered reading where some of these guys who used to trouble shoot speakers would use a frequency sweep generator to dial in the best fit for the new diaphragm installs. I never had considered it needed on these with those three locating "pins" there on the driver. So I rotate them one over and nothing at all. I make sure there is no trash in there that could cause this and still nothing. OK so move it over one more and magic as now they both sound the same. I have no idea what was eccentric or maybe they both were and rotation solves that. In any case now another check to add to the list for speaker rework.

• Thanks 1