The Sixes; heritage not heritage

thisgsx

So I finally pulled the trigger on a brand new pair of walnut The Sixes! They're gorgeous to say the least. Blew my JBL 308P MKii's out of the water. These are used mainly as the mains for my office. However, I am disappointed! These are marketed as part of the heritage line, yet they sound more like the reference line. I've owned La Scala 1's, Cornwall 1's, & Forte 1's and The Sixes doesn't have any of it's audible traits, moreso like all of the reference series that I've owned and currently do.

Just my opinion, anyways, here's a comparison shot of the old vs new. 19fa851c5c61911903df2dbc403ad281.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Well, I can’t argue that point. Been listening to mine since last November and they don’t remind me in the least of the ‘Heritage’  sound.  Don’t get me wrong, I really like mine for near/mid field listening, solid bass and articulate highs with the horn tweet.  But ‘Heritage ‘ in looks only. 

I'd find it interesting if you would try to put to words how you experience the difference.

Elsewhere in this forum, I've read that Heresy's create a 'wall of sound', compared to a more detailed listening for the RP160M/RP600M.

Can you agree with that?

I can't image the same can be said about the other heritage speakers?

I had a pair of La Scalas from 1989, qhich has a crossover that many don't like (type AL, nof to be confuzed with the later AL2 or AL3). I replaced them with a crossover designed by one the members here.

They were truly magical sounding. Beautiful sound stage and depth. You would forget there was a speaker system there at all. Simply a beautiful music presence.

As wonderful as the Heresy line is, once you go bigger and hear the fully horn loaded heritage, there is no comparison. I have a pair od Heresy IIs and love them, they have a wonderfull presentation. But, they don't have the same immediacy as the horn loaded bass  cabinets.

Can anyone chime in on the static noise issues i see mentioned from time to time? Was it just a problem with the early firmware or bad sources? 

I have a pair of LSR305 that im looking to replace soon and the sixes seems like a good enough fit but its a pass if it has any static noise since it will be nearfield 🙄

I'd find it interesting if you would try to put to words how you experience the difference.
Elsewhere in this forum, I've read that Heresy's create a 'wall of sound', compared to a more detailed listening for the RP160M/RP600M.
Can you agree with that?
I can't image the same can be said about the other heritage speakers?

That wall of sound you speak of is a very detailed sound stage. You can close your eyes and point to different performers in the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators
On 4/28/2019 at 6:49 PM, thisgsx said:

These are marketed as part of the heritage line

Which got some/many very upset, rightly so, so it came down to "Heritage inspired" as to not cause a mutiny.  

On 5/1/2019 at 2:27 AM, a.quvist said:

Can anyone chime in on the static noise issues i see mentioned from time to time? Was it just a problem with the early firmware or bad sources? 

I have a pair of LSR305 that im looking to replace soon and the sixes seems like a good enough fit but its a pass if it has any static noise since it will be nearfield 🙄

Can only say that I’ve not experienced any static from mine. Use them with both USB from my laptop and BT from my IPhone. Probably have a couple hundred hours on them and use as both near and mid field speakers. These are my first and only quality powered speakers. They can get a bit ‘boomy’ with certain EDM sources.  Great, tight bass and crystal highs if the source is higher quality. No complaints or regrets. 

3 hours ago, ThomasD. said:

Can only say that I’ve not experienced any static from mine. Use them with both USB from my laptop and BT from my IPhone. Probably have a couple hundred hours on them and use as both near and mid field speakers. These are my first and only quality powered speakers. They can get a bit ‘boomy’ with certain EDM sources.  Great, tight bass and crystal highs if the source is higher quality. No complaints or regrets. 

Thank you for the confirmation! 
I have been eyeballing the Kef LS50Wireless as another option but since their fail rate seems unusually high i might steer more into The Sixes again!

14 hours ago, a.quvist said:

Thank you for the confirmation! 
I have been eyeballing the Kef LS50Wireless as another option but since their fail rate seems unusually high i might steer more into The Sixes again!

Oddly enough,  those Kef’s were also on my radar when I decided on the ‘Sixes’.  It was actually the ‘Heritage Inspired’ WAF looks that finalized the choice. I had read many positive reviews about the Kefs and was leaning that way.  I’d had a bad experience with the new Klipsch ‘Heritage Bar’. It was sent back.