EL34 tube options for more bass/tonal richness

Chiliarches

Howdy, all.

I picked up a Chinese FTLYS EL34 SET amp and I am really enjoying experimenting with it on my Cornwall 1.5s.   It sounds nice - airy and with a nice soundstage.  I am honestly shocked at what I got for $260 with free shipping from Amazon Prime!

The amp came with stock tubes that were branded FTLYS...unsure who made them.

I would like to role some tubes to give it a richer, “plummier” quality, with more bass / tonal weight / bass slam.  The tone is a bit too light/glassy for the kind of music I listen to at the volumes I listen to it.  What would you suggest?  I understand the amp has limitations due to the design, but I have heard amps of comparable wattage with much more “richness”, so know it’s not just a matter of power.  

It’s a $250 amp, so not looking for $300 tubes, looking for a “value” suggestion...

Thank you!!!

for more slam & authority to the bottom end I’d suggest electro harmonix 6ca7’s. but the trade off is I’d call the top end as more accurate than rich. they are a direct replacement for el34’s 

• Like 1