Heresy industrial ported

Frank merchant

FYI: In the past few months the same speakers have been advertised for both $1000 and $750, with both ads on the List of Craig simultaneously. Same picture and contact info. So either there is room to negotiate, the seller really does not want to sell, or something phishy Iz going on. 

Reproach with caution.

The seller, @JoeNoD has responded, and it seems none of my conjectures were correct. It is not a phishing attempt, and he does not need to sell. Therefore he may wait for a motivated buyer. 

@JoeNoD please forgive my suspicious nature, and welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

Actually,  I've watched that same seller (I assume) with the same tag line of " I don't really want to sell them price" of $750 -$1000 advertising for almost 2 years now.  Guess he doesn't get the hint that no one really wants to buy them at that price either.

Let me offer you all some clarification. My name is Joe and I’m the person with the Klipsch Heresy HIP Speakers in AZ.

First, Thomas, I’ve already been offered $1,000 for the speakers by a buyer in Northern California, but he wants me to ship them (I won’t ship) sight unseen (he’ll pay) and he wants to pay me via PayPal, which I don’t accept. Cash only. 

Second, JBCODD, there is nothing “phishy” going on. I’m a collector and picked these up nearly a couple of years ago. The man who owned these had passed and his wife who sold me the Klipsch Speakers also had about 6 other pairs of high quality speakers and some receivers, which I also bought. Everything has been sold except for the HIPs because I like their look and they are very rare, especially in this finish, with the grill and with the Klipsch label in this location. They are one of a kind that I have been able to locate, although there are 2 very similar sets out there.

Lastly, Frank, I explained to you why I won’t take the backs off the speakers; because it would decrease their value if you don’t purchase them and because it might appear they have been tampered with or switched out. I also noted that the screws appear to be intact and unmolested. It appears while I was willing to keep my promises to you, you are already looking for ways to break your assurances to me.

My phone number is in my post and any questions you all might have could easily be answered without casting doubt or making assumptions. One of your members made me an offer of $550 and I have spoken to another member who felt my price at $1,000 was too low. Thank you, Joe. 

P.S. As stated in my ad, I don’t need to sell these speakers and I’m quite happy owning them. I prefer my Yamaha NS-2000s and NS-1000s so these are just decorations and for that reason I have lowered the price to $750. Seems a waste that someone who would appreciate them aren’t in possession of them, but I enjoy their beauty and owning a rare piece of Klipsch history. A buddy of mine had a set of Klipsch Heresy speakers in the 1980s and I fell in love with their look, sound and power and always wanted to own a pair. 

Edited by JoeNoD
Clarification

9 hours ago, JoeNoD said:

Let me offer you all some clarification. My name is Joe and I’m the person with the Klipsch Heresy HIP Speakers in AZ.

First, Thomas, I’ve already been offered $1,000 for the speakers by a buyer in Northern California, but he wants me to ship them (I won’t ship) sight unseen (he’ll pay) and he wants to pay me via PayPal, which I don’t accept. Cash only. 

Joe,  No offense intended.  Just noting that ad has been in place for a rather extended period of time which may lead to some (premature) speculation.  You've clarified that now.  My apologies

Thank you for your apology. I’ve had many offers for the HIPs, unfortunately all from out of State. I’m overly cautious because they aren’t perfect cosmetically and since I am not the original owner, there are certain claims I’m unwilling to make. 

Frank is a bit of a disappointment. We spoke at length and he offered me $800 in a money order to hold them until he could get to AZ. Only after we had come to a tentative agreement, he started making requests for me to open them up and take pictures. Perhaps if someone was in front of me with $800 cash in hand I would honor such a request, but I will not for someone who is out of State. 

11 minutes ago, JohnA said:

LOL!  Removing the backs for an inspection is easy to explain, easy to do without leaving marks and will not reduce their value.  Specious.

I have to agree with you John. It is incumbent for the seller to answer questions to the fullest or reduce the price since people are taking a chance. Having been on the buyer side many times I have experienced why some people really don't want you to have a good look before you buy. Not saying this guy is a bad egg but his refusal to reveal all means he will be treated like he has something to hide. Unscrewing a made to be removed panel hurting value IS a specious argument.

John and Dave

You two feel that because a person from out of State expressed interest in my speakers it is incumbent upon me, at his request, to take the time and effort to carefully remove 20 screws so that he will then be able to determine if he wants to buy them and possibly make the drive from Montana to Arizona maybe in the next month when he can find the time? What could possibly go wrong? Specious

indeed. LOL!!!

Edited by JoeNoD
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Frank merchant said:

I’m really looking for a set of Heresys 1  from the early to mid-70s do you know anybody that has a really beautiful well cared for set

The GOOD news is that I have just what you are wanting to see....The bad news FOR YOU is that My Flame Twins are NOT for sale! 😉

829989396_flametwinleftKA.thumb.jpg.3034675b94ef86ed429c23ce3cd680aa.jpg1725852853_flametwinrightKA.thumb.jpg.b7337c8ba246ddc92738ec3dae72e7f3.jpg

• Like 1

Joe the value of speakers is determined in some ways by original parts. I have an old set of Heresy's right now that looked good but inside they have mismatched woofers but from the outside you could not see that. They are sequentially numbered too so they did not come from the factory that way. What is in the box is at least as important as the condition of the box.

17 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Joe the value of speakers is determined in some ways by original parts.

I have never once in the (almost) 15 years that I've been here seen the value of a pair of speakers diminish because the backs had been removed and replaced.

• Like 1