Check out these Klipschorns!!!!

captmobley

5 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

They are somewhat ‘busy’ in appearance. Not my cup of tea.

Same here...this is what happens when a "master carpenter" takes on the job of a Master woodworker who would have done a much better job with the aesthetics which COULD have been paid much more attention to!  'Nuff said!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

I didn’t know you were in STL. Cool.

Yep! Near UMSL off Natural Bridge! I can see UMSL's Ballfield from my deck and now that I have the JBL Control X's I can COMPETE with whatever UMSL's Ballfield has (maybe La Scalas?)

Especially if I crank therm with Rock and Roll and play my Djembe to it, LOUDLY!! :-)

John Kuthe...

• Like 1

I'll say they are interesting, but that's so much veneer it's a little much for me...  I'm trying to think of what I would do but they just scream early 80's and should be sitting on brown shag carpet.  

The bottoms are cool, but if you tone down the tops they are still overwhelming.  Maybe if the stain was darker, or a more subtle grain pattern so it didn't look like a kaleidoscope.   

Edited by iaRIVR
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Godataloss said:

I really want to like them, but somehow they seem even busier than my pair in Ramblin' Rose.

No Chit, there I was....sitting in front of my NEW K-horns, trying to decide if I needed another sip of Irish before heading to bed...so I got up, staggered into the kitchen, decided that I had already had more than enough....and staggered back through the living room for one more look at the K-horns before wandering down the hallway with its REALLY COOL NEW CARPET, to the master bedroom...and I had an epiphany..

"These K-horns are perfect for my starting point of getting into the low-crawl position to head down the hallway to the master bed room with a stop by the master bath en-route to bed....to hug the commode and lessen the hangover for tomorrow!"  See pics of K-horns and hallway with really cool new carpet.....below:

36557654_RIbbonMahogMonstrosity.jpg.417efbcbbc3a1c84adeb46d8118d99be.jpg

1204182566_optical-illusions-7(2).jpg.7e916c7a286124787c7d810cb7b04cf1.jpg

• Haha 1

We could take up a collection, save the drivers, horn, badges, and crossovers, and then sacrifice the husks on a fire at the next pilgrimage.  Think of it as saving humanity.

I'm in for $20.

A legit question:  How'd they get the interior of the horn and tweeter covered?  How doesn't that (and those crazy air vent vertical diffuser baffle thingys) mess with the sound?

What a waste of good ribboned mahogany veneer.  And you would think that a "master carpenter" would try to matchbook the veneer at the middle connecting point which might have tamed it down some.  Master carpenter is one thing.....master craftsman is another.

Somebody put some time into them but yea they could of lined up the veneers better. Maybe they were working off i sheet instead of 2. Veneers can get really pricey. But to veneer the horns etc? You try it if you think its easy

• 2 weeks later...