Woodstock 50

oldtimer

1 hour ago, RT FAN said:

Dave A, I think they believed that the band had run it's course and that the white boys blues-->acid rock jams/excess era was over. You have to remember that Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker were not friends by any stretch of the imagination. Basically they hated each other. Clapton stated that after listening to the debut album by The Band, he said this is what I want to be playing, roots music. I think Blind Faith was an attempt to veer off in that direction and EC enjoyed playing with Delaney & Bonnie, the opening act on Blind Faith's only tour. Of course Clapton later became a captive to his drug habit and was unable to play publically or commit to being in a band.

Unfortunately, Yvonne Elliman spent way too much of her time touring with EC and being on HIS albums during this time, when she would have better-spent the same time doing HER thing, instead!  I guess her being his "live-in overdose alert monitor" during that time was more of a priority for her in her mind, though!  It really is a shame her best "in the prime" years were wasted in such a manner...IMHO!

3 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Unfortunately, Yvonne Elliman spent way too much of her time touring with EC and being on HIS albums during this time, when she would have better-spent the same time doing HER thing, instead!  I guess her being his "live-in overdose alert monitor" during that time was more of a priority for her in her mind, though!  It really is a shame her her best "in the prime" years were wasted in such a manner...IMHO!

Well Eric was smarter in his choice of women then Felix Papallardi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1