Replacement woofers KLF30

Sell 3 and buy 4 new bob drivers

Dollar for dollar Klipsch has no equals
Name one other speaker company that can build a speaker and keep working like new after 45 plus years of service. Answer NO ONE !!!!!!

Good point

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Klipsch has k-31 woofers.  I would stay as close to the original specs as possible.  If Bob's spec out the same then good but since they are for use in Heresy also, I would think the bass extension is more limited vs the k-31 which had a quite low Fs.

I have blown a woofer on Klf 30

and have a question.... do I search for an original k-31 or sell 3 remaining woofers and purchase 4 Crites or Ciare replacements? Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

If you do get the Crites woofers I'll be interested to hear your impressions. I'm not aware of anybody that has tried them in KLF-30's yet.

I was 'this close' to buying Bob's woofers and at the last minute I came across Disco Inferno's thread on the Ciare woofers. I decided to take a chance on them and have absolutely no regrets in doing so. They absolutley outperform the K-31 and K-31E I'd been listening to for the previous 10 years. Build quality is excellent......can't say that for the originals.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

Sell 3 and buy 4 new bob drivers

Dollar for dollar Klipsch has no equals
Name one other speaker company that can build a speaker and keep working like new after 45 plus years of service. Answer NO ONE !!!!!!

Many of the early speaker makers could do this, Altec being one..... If you have rubber surrounds on your speakers.... you wont be able to find the parts at some point, and they rot in about a decade and a half and degrade sooner then that.....Klipsch are great though, not bashing, just a little truth,,,,,,

it is a good idea to use rubber treatment on your speaker surrounds products like 303, Mother's or Meguiar's and such will keep them like new. These also work great on wiper blades door/trunk seals and timing and fan belts.
I've thought about that, then not.
Don't know what the outcome would be.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

not any different from using treatment on Cassette deck capstan rubber drive wheels. Most people bought new players as they were improving over the years but if you don't treat the rubber it will dry up and harden then crack. Same process that makes your headlight coves dry up crack and get cataracts. Additives migrate out of plastic and rubber alloys over time so you need to put them back.