Klipsch CF-4s on eBay

WFP

Gorgeous, yes.   $2150, no.  & likely version 3...

I honestly have no clue what they go for. Can’t even get that much for my KHorns so I paused when I saw the price but also wasn’t surprised since they’re so rare and I never really see them listed to judge. Never heard them either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definely not v1.  Judging by the pics (shiny black woofs, black mid) probably version 3.  They do look like they were well cared for but the odd stripe in the veneer is odd.

Let's separate my OPINION from DATA.  I think CF-4's are worth $800 in Good condition.  Subtract $100 for each version, so v2 $700, v3 $600.

The actual data on my spreadsheet disagrees, twenty-two documented sales.

It shows CF-4's average $1116.  The last five sales are all Version 1, 1800, 1100, 1400, 1500, 1200.  The $1800 sale was the highest I have recorded, the lowest price was $600.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2019-04.xlsx

• Like 2

Interesting. Are those version 3?

Gotta be verrry careful with shipping too if anyone is considering them because any damage to them with no parts replacements would be a nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

Interesting. Are those version 3?

Good question.  Those were made in the second year 1995 and the born-on day was 222.  We are not sure of the exact changover date from ver 2 to v3 as ver3 was made late in 1995.  The best way to tell is to look inside.  If the wires are black/red, that is exclusive to v3.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Good question.  Those were made in the second year 1995 and the born-on day was 222.  We are not sure of the exact changover date from ver 2 to v3 as ver3 was made late in 1995.  The best way to tell is to look inside.  If the wires are black/red, that is exclusive to v3.

the only info ive seen regarding the change dates indicates v3 was "summer of 95".. 222nd day is middle of july, so there is a very good chance these are actually v3.  last high price set of cf4's i saw the seller claimed v1 but pics showed v2 or even 3 based on the serial#'s... i asked for a pic of the wires & tube length & sure enough they were v3.

nice speakers regardless of version & in a nice finish (with an odd stripe)... who knows, someone with the money that wants them bad enough might pay that price. 

• Thanks 1