3.5mm input doesn't fit any 3.5mm female stereo audio adapter

I'm trying to connect my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers and subwoofer to my Samsung TV (model #UN55KU6270F).  My TV only has a Digital Audio Out (Optical), and no headphone jack.  Therefore, I connected a digital optical audio cable from my Samsung TV to an optical/coax digital - to - analog converter, then I connected a Y Adapter (2 RCA male to 1 RCA female) stereo audio cable to the converter.  I connect the two RCA males to the converter and attempt to plug the Klipsch mini plug into the female RCA, but the Klipsch mini plug is too big!  This is now the  second Y Adapter I purchased and it doesn't fit into either of the 3.5mm females.   Please help me.  I am at a loss.  

Pardon my ignorance, but can you recommend an adapter?  I went to Best Buy and the image I attached is what they told me I would need.  These are the two I bought that are too small for my Klipsch mini plug.   Having said that, the larger Y Adapter actually did  work intermittent but it was only for a second at a time otherwise it had an annoying buzzing sound.  (I did change my TV settings  to "Audio Out/Optical" then my Audio Format to PCM.)  Thank you for your guidance. 

IMG_5180 (Edited).JPG

The converter is from Best Buy (Insignia)

I just ordered a 6.35mm (1/4") stereo TRS jack (female) to 3.5mm stereo plug (male) adapter.   I am hoping this works.  The actual adapter I am using doesn't seem to be the problem.  The only problem is the connection between the Klipsch mini plug and the adapter it needs to plug into, because the adapter is too small.  So I am hoping the 1/4" stereo jack will do the trick.  If not, I will be back because then I will be fresh out of ideas.  Thank you so much for your help! 

It won't.  You don't have any 1/4" connections.  I looked at the TV and Promedia manuals.  The Promedia input is a 1/8" (3.5 mm) female, so, if you want to keep stereo, you need to avoid Y-adapters and use a 1/8" stereo earphone male to 2 RCA phono males, like the one pbphoto to suggested.  

Satellite-Inputs-2.jpg

Plug it into the one marked with an 8th note. 

If you are using this device:  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-optical-coaxial-digital-to-analog-converter-black/4226000.p?skuId=4226000

Then you need 2 cables (buy cable lengths to suit your needs.):

1) Toslink to Toslink optical cable to take the PCM stream from your TV to the Insignia:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NH11H38/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?pd_rd_i=B00L3KO3YU&pd_rd_w=7WBB8&pf_rd_p=46cdcfa7-b302-4268-b799-8f7d8cb5008b&pd_rd_wg=Iea7T&pf_rd_r=Z29CWAF39ZMJRZBPWHN6&pd_rd_r=0b64e169-6cbd-11e9-8bdd-799299fc1ec4&th=1

2) RCA stereo male to 3.5mm mini plug like the one I suggested above:  https://www.amazon.com/10ft-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B004Y6AEFC

Don't use the RCA cable that came with the Insignia.  Set your TV to PCM stereo-out.  Flip the switch on the Insignia to optical audio-in.  Connect the Insignia to power.  Bob's your uncle.