Klipsch Chorus II walnut oil - $1100 (Fox River Grove, IL)

opusk2k9

From ad:

These are an excellent condition pair consecutive serial number Klipsch Chorus II speakers.
The caps have been updated....The tweeter diaphragms have been changed over to Crites titanium.
They come with glass tops
I don't think you can find a better set...
Price reflects condition....Price IS firm

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ele/d/fox-river-grove-klipsch-chorus-ii/6879590065.html

No Affiliation.  They look very nice.  If I didn't buy the walnut Chorus II from @jimjimbo , I might be in my car.

image.png.6afc73505a7fdc9379cee9f08d84b479.png

Rivernuggets does Oak Oil CHII. I sold him one pair myself. It is me looking for CHII Walnut oil. I just seen them on CL and was hoping to find them here in Garage and not in Alerts. I am willing to go $900, but $1100 and 300 miles is just not right for me. I guess I will have to wait another 18 months.

My problem lies in the fact that I only need one single CHII to serve as a center channel and to replace the Forte II pair I use now. One speaker just sits on a shelf unused indefinitely. So it is like me paying $1100 for one speaker.

These are very nice indeed, but I specialize in speaker restoration myself, so there is no added value there for me when they are already in top shape.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

I am willing to go $900, but $1100 and 300 miles is just not right for me.

My Heritage Prices spreadsheet says Ch2's in Good condition average $746.  I'm with you that $900 would be top dollar for a pristine set.  Once you hit $800 you are in Cornwall country.  A thousand and you can find La Scala's with $1212 being the average.

Chicagoland is Klipsch rich.  Deals can be found there on a regular basis.

Had a standing offer of 1500 for my Oiled Oak Chorus IIs from the person that bought my MC30s yesterday.

I'm guessing these won't last long. Chorus IIs are having a bit of a resurgence.

In fact, I'm giving serious thought to picking these up and selling the Oiled oaks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gorm said:

I'm guessing these won't last long. Chorus IIs are having a bit of a resurgence.

You might be right.  I don't track every sale, just the ones which come across my radar, especially in threads like this one.  And especially for CL sales I never know if the asking price is the selling price.

+++

The Chorus II is the one set of Klipsch I'd really like to hear.  I already have too many speakers so that probably isn't happening anytime soon even if there were some near me, which is never the case here in rural West Virginia. 

23 minutes ago, oldred said:

No the tops really only cost me thirty bucks a piece.

Not all of us have glass connections.

Also there are a ton of variables that impact the price. I went for something more than the "standard" offerings.

Cornwall's available for the same price $1100 and the same market place.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/d/streamwood-klipsch-cornwall/6879277548.html

Last week they wanted only 1K for the same pair of Chorus.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/d/streamwood-klipsch-cornwall/6874808566.html

Doesn't sell raise the price.  Inflate demand?

Edited by dkals
added info

1 hour ago, Gorm said:

Why should the "cornwall killers" be worth less than Cornwalls?

consumer perception and consumer needs. a CW is a better choice if you want to run a small set amp where as a Chorus will run on a small set amp but is meant to shine with some serious power.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kevinmi said:

Cornwalls are true "Heritage" speakers?

technically so far as I am aware the Chorus is part of the extended Heritage line along with the Forte. The Chorus was the speaker that Klipsch replaced the Cornwall with. The Chorus has a cast basket pro woofer with a large voice coil and the Chorus ll has a much more modern better performance hybrid tractrix mid horn (Chorus uses the K601, same mid horn as a Cornwall). The Chorus is a taller and smaller cabinet compared to the larger Cornwall so size and power source are the two main concerns when deciding which way to go. The CW and the Chorus are pretty close in performance, personally I think the Chorus ll has a definite edge over the CW2 others may not. Both the CW2 and the Chorus/Chorus2 share the same mid and tweeter drivers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Rivernuggets does Oak Oil CHII.

I'm not against any wood finish, just fell into Oak because you're at the mercy of what's available in the used market. Currently I'm doing fine in the Chorus II department.

These look great. Excellent sounding model.