Klipsch Chorus II walnut oil - $1100 (Fox River Grove, IL)

opusk2k9

2 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

So FRG is about 10 minutes big, I wonder who the seller was. Was there any other gear involved?

Mark

It ended up being a members only thing. @oldred and I got together on a sale that worked for the both of us. Other gear was exactly what made this possible for me. My suv is completely stuffed. Good thing I did not buy anything else or I would have to had left my wife behind LOL. JK. Pics later. Just taking a meal break in FRG. More details to come.

1 minute ago, 314carpenter said:

It ended up being a members only thing. @oldred and I got together on a sale that worked for the both of us. Other gear was exactly what made this possible for me. My suv is completely stuffed. Good thing I did not buy anything else or I would have to had left my wife behind LOL. JK. Pics later. Just taking a meal break in FRG. More details to come.

Dead End or Sticks for lunch?

Mark

Hey guys. I really could not have asked for a better experience working with @oldred. His collection is extraordinary and in extremely fine condition. If you are a buyer, I recommend keeping an eye open in his direction. I hear there will be more premium items available soon. Real cool gear. Lucky for me my collection is very similar to his and these new pieces will make my dream system whole. You will not find a more gracious seller and host. 

• Like 2

Here is the new look living room front stage. Back wall treatment will come later. Please note these not the newly purchased speakers, just one of my surrounds now pulled into the center position. The black lacquer Forte II pair will go up for sale soon. 

IMG_6236.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

@314carpenter So are those walnut quartets along with the Chorus II?

walnut Forte II in pristine condition. Not sure if I want to use them in side surround position to save floor space in the living room or what I will do with them. Also need to decide what to do with the orphan that ends up odd one out of the 5 channel base layer. I had been storing one on a shelf, and may do the same again. Or I may sell the orphan, but if I do that, then if I ever changed things down the road I would have to try to sell another single at that time.

For now, I am just living the dream of a 5 channel base layer of Chorus II's in matching walnut flavor.

IMG_6241.JPG

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 8:44 PM, jimjimbo said:

Hope you get them.  If so, put a good SS amp on them, and crank it.

On 5/2/2019 at 9:09 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Agree ^^

They should be able to sound great and, if NEED be, they can come alive. 

Well I do have this now. 

Classe CAV-150 SPECIFICATIONS:
Gain: 29 dB
S/N Ratio: More than 135 dB
THD+N: 0.004%
Channel configuration With 8 Ohms load
Six (6) Channels 150 Watts x 6
Five (5) Channels 300 Watts x 1 (bridged) + 150 Watts x 4
Four (4) Channels 300 Watts x 2 (bridged) + 150 Watts x 2
Three (3) Channels 300 Watts x 3 (bridged)
Power Consumption (idle): 225 Watts
Power input: 110V 60Hz
Dimensions: 6 3/4" x 19" x 21 1/2"
Net: 70 lbs.

IMG_6151.JPG

IMG_6152.JPG

classe edit .jpg

• Like 2