SOLD Crown XLS 2502 AMP new (tested), 775W/ch ... $400

Emile

Selling my Crown XLS 2502 for $400 - free US shipping except AK and HI). Will put it on eBay later for $500.

Bought it to power JBL 18" bass bins. But ... haha ... just "too much" for a 12x12ft stereo room. Sold the bass bins to @carlthess40,so no longer need the amp. Going back to my Forte/Marantz 1060 setup.

Amp was bought NEW on 3/14/2019. First hooked it up yesterday (had a knee replacement so was not able to "play" with it earlier).  Used it for 15 minutes ... awesome unit. Original packaging, manual and power cord. Serial number has not been registered with Crown yet. Believe they have a 3 year warranty. 100% perfect condition. 

Discounted (new) street price is $649. Scratched up used versions can be found for $350-$550. See https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=crown 2502 and https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.A0.H0.Xcrown+xls+2502.TRS1&_nkw=crown+xls+2502&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=klipsch+k-22&LH_TitleDesc=0 .

Specs; 775W/ch at 4 ohms, 440W/ch at 8ohms. S/N >103dB, damping factor >200. DSP and band pass filters. Full specs at https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/crow-xls-drivecore-2-series-power-amplifiers-specifications.pdf .

XLS_DriveCore_2_2502_Front_full_width.png

(Internet pic) Will add pics of actual unit shortly.

Cheers, Emile

• Emile changed the title to SOLD Crown XLS 2502 AMP new (tested), 775W/ch ... $400
34 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

No you're not!  🤣

+++

Are you looking for something @rockhound or just looking for a deal?

If @rockhound "needs" it, he knows what I paid for it and how to find me. He's been known to head north in search of stereo equipment.

I really have no burning need for this amp, just seemed like a good deal. I have a couple other Crown amps that I like but neither have DSP.

I've been itching to build some type of a folded horn subwoofer. Now I have yet another excuse.

My wife (who watches our charges like a hawk to avoid fraud) asked if I spent $400. I said "yes"! She asked "for what"? "An amp" I replied. "How many amps do you have?" was the final question before I tapped out.....I honestly don't know.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, MookieStl said:

If @rockhound "needs" it, he knows what I paid for it and how to find me. He's been known to head north in search of stereo equipment.

I really have no burning need for this amp, just seemed like a good deal. I have a couple other Crown amps that I like but neither have DSP.

I've been itching to build some type of a folded horn subwoofer. Now I have yet another excuse.

My wife (who watches our charges like a hawk to avoid fraud) asked if I spent $400. I said "yes"! She asked "for what"? "An amp" I replied. "How many amps do you have?" was the final question before I tapped out.....I honestly don't know.

It's all good my crown k2 is having issues so I need a back up for the 684 while its in the shop.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rockhound said:

It's all good my crown k2 is having issues so I need a back up for the 684 while its in the shop.

I've got a couple of Yamaha P5000S pro power amps I picked up locally on a deal wanting to see how well they would work as sub amps.  They work at least as well as my Inuke 3000dsp, I'm no authority on such things.   If you needed something I was going pass the deal on to you.