Audio power cord/cable snake oil

I fall in the camp that once you get past generous but not stupid big conductor size all else is marketing. http://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/566i-11wmhk--kn6xe-amwdg0m9

This takes you to a site of interest I ran across some time ago. I have yet to do more than download some audio freebies a couple of which have become reference testing songs. I enjoy reading his stuff and I am particularly amused by this issue. 

I am also intrigued by his efforts at music and recordings but his free downloads have not particularly inspired me to send money. But the snake oil diatribe is right on the money and was fun to read.

There are miles of aluminum wire used on high voltage transmission lines that connect the electric company's generators to your home. Hundreds of feet of wire from  the utility pole to the wall socket with transformers, circuit breakers. and connections in between. But a 6 foot power cord makes a big difference? Smells like bullshit to me🙄

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kevinmi said:

I prefer my "juice" coming from wind turbines spinning counter clockwise

Is that counterclockwise when viewed from in front, or when viewed from behind?

2 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Is that counterclockwise when viewed from in front, or when viewed from behind?

I like mine to come from counter rotating pairs of turbines so the AC is all natural.

27 minutes ago, Deang said:

I believe you need a dedicated circuit using 3 AWG wire  back to the transformer to get the best performance.

Will separate single conductors work or do I need to use twisted pairs?

Personally, I use barbed-wire for speaker wire...it is FREE in Arkansas...they even have it along-side roads everywhere...raised up on short poles so that cutting a couple of strands is easier than pulling it out from under the overgrown grass there beside the road!  Gotta just LOVE the Arkansas Freebies!

Just now, HDBRbuilder said:

Personally, I use barbed-wire for speaker wire...it is FREE in Arkansas...they even have it along-side roads everywhere...raised up on short poles so that cutting a couple of strands is easier than pulling it out from under the overgrown grass there beside the road!  Gotta just LOVE the Arkansas Freebies!

Yeah but you have to bring the poles too or else the electrons will puddle in the sags.

1 minute ago, HDBRbuilder said:

See!  Even they know it needs to be elevated!

Just now, muel said:

See!  Even they know it needs to be elevated!

1 minute ago, Dave A said:

Yeah but you have to bring the poles too or else the electrons will puddle in the sags.

Nope....I have cinder blocks on the floor behind my audio equipment...I just lay the barbed wire across those...cinder blocks are FREE EVERYWHERE in Arkansas TOO...huge stacks of them, sitting by concrete slabs...free for the taking!

Nope....I have cinder blocks on the floor behind my audio equipment...I just lay the barbed wire across those...cinder blocks are FREE EVERYWHERE in Arkansas TOO...huge stacks of them, sitting by concrete slabs...free for the taking!

Hey do all the sticky out things on that barb wire bleed off audio and power spikes too?

uhhh... yeah... the Brick Supply place has been looking for you.  Did you see it next to that big stack of "free" lumber?

Just now, Dave A said:

Hey do all the sticky out things on that barb wire bleed off audio and power spikes too?

Nope...they are "slow-death" mousetraps...whenever a mouse runs along the baseboard behind my equipment, it is at his/her own risk!