Tornado warning pretty close to us

avguytx

Stay safe central Arkansan friends.  Tornado sirens just went off in our town and we are watching things here.  Searcy schools had already taken precautions so I'm sure I'll hear about it later from my 6th grade boy.    It's moving northeast so everyone in that area keep a heads up, too.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Sheesh....we'll never get a septic tank installed if it doesn't stop this crap.  

If empty it would be a good place to jump in for a tornado, anything underground level is better than above.

I say this because one time my wife's cousin was here and she is always worried about tornados even in just light rain. She asked where do we go if there is a tornado, so I told her to run out the back door and look for the cement top with a metal handle, slide it over and jump in.  :o  later she asked me what was it, she wasn't impressed. 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Yep.  Just saw Channel 11 say there was one fairly close to you guys up there.  Batten the hatches!  Well, be prepared, anyway.

That first one that hit your area is about to hit us, but mostly from the south side of town, running right across it to the north-east...lots of rotation in that one...counterclockwise...not looking like fun to me!  The one that went north of you is now due north of us!...with its big brother right below it, with a gap between them both!  The lower big brother with all that rotation in it will run right over Jonesboro...dead center!...maybe 15-20 minutes from now!  I'm sure it will have the sirens on for us, too!

12 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

That first one that hit your area is about to hit us, but mostly from the south side of town, running right across it to the north-east...lots of rotation in that one...counterclockwise...not looking like fun to me!  The one that went north of you is now due north of us!...with its big brother right below it, with a gap between them both!  The lower big brother with all that rotation in it will run right over Jonesboro...dead center!...maybe 15-20 minutes from now!  I'm sure it will have the sirens on for us, too!

Yeah, they had said earlier that area was where the warnings were originally thought to be but I guess they decided to drop in earlier in this area before arriving there.  About 12:30, it just kind of showed up.  Be safe up there!