Subwoofer No Green Light

StormTheGates

I think I know whats up, but you won't like it.... Alright, so in total, there is two problems here:

1. The avr doesn't recognize that there is a sub in place

2. The sub won't turn on

First of all, problem Nr. 2 kinda explains problem Nr. 1. In addition, I doubt the cables is to blame.

Second of all, in most cases when the subs power light is failing/won't turn on when the sub is turned on, it means that the subs fuse went kaboom. Not to worry though! All the components within are totally 100% fine. You probably just need to get a new fuse.

First take out the fuse. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH5YkWASRM0 This video will tell you how. Watch from 1.57. When the fuse is out, its serial number will be etched in on the metallic sides. When you order a new one, make sure it is the EXACT same one and that it is ceramic. 

On 5/2/2019 at 7:29 PM, babadono said:

In fact set those to large and set the Bass to LFE+Main to see if we can get it going.

No luck :(

11 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Have you tried a different source yet like a phone or CD player?

Unfortunately I dont have either of these (or more precisely dont have a cord that fits a phone)

11 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Has the subwoofer EVER worked?

No, it showed up from Amazon a few days ago like this.

I am off to Home Depot now to get a new fuse as per HenrikTJs advice. Will let you all know how it goes. 

Just now, StormTheGates said:

No luck :(

Unfortunately I dont have either of these (or more precisely dont have a cord that fits a phone)

No, it showed up from Amazon a few days ago like this.

I am off to Home Depot now to get a new fuse as per HenrikTJs advice. Will let you all know how it goes. 

Check the fuse before you buy one.   If it's blown return the sub.

A 3.5mm to rca adapter will get used more than you think.  It's a good thing for anyone that dabbles in audio to have.

Update:
I got a new subwoofer in from Amazon, same exact model. Plugged in and worked like a charm with no issues. 

I have a new fuse coming for the broken one on Thursday, will update if that corrects the problem, otherwise I am considering the old one DOA. Guess this is why it said "Manufactured in China" on the Amazon listing and there were similar reports to mine. Hopefully the new rig lasts longer. 

• Like 1

I want to hear for sure if a new fuse fixes the broken one. I don't get how a fuse would let the light come on at first and then turn it off.

Other than that glad you got it taken care of, I trust it did not cost you anything but wasting your time

• 7 months later...

Same deal with my R-112SW.  I’ve had it for 3 years.  No issue until now.  When it first started, I could unplug it and power it back up and everything fine for a few days. Repeated this a few times but the amount of time it stayed on kept getting shorter to the point it won’t come on anymore

I took the cables and used them on a prior generation Klipsch 12”sub and it works fine 

I’m to the point of turning my back on anything Klipsch that requires their installed electronics to power them.  I had a small 10” sub that did this and a Bluetooth speaker that wouldn’t power up.  I’ll probably go to SVS next for subs.  Sad, I always liked the sound of that sub, but I heard too many issues with the Klipsch subs power wise to buy another.  Why they don’t change their supplier for electronics I don’t know

Love their speakers, but if they require an electrical plugin to work, I’m not buying until I see progress on this.

On 12/12/2019 at 2:52 PM, RTR said:

I’m to the point of turning my back on anything Klipsch that requires their installed electronics to power them. 

Yup.

Klipsch should pursue a relationship with SVS. Have SVS build them, and then Klipsch can badge them. End of Drama.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2019 at 1:52 PM, RTR said:

I’m to the point of turning my back on anything Klipsch that requires their installed electronics to power them.

Powered speakers in general. Remember Elemental Designs? They went out of business due to integrated amp failures in their subs. oAudio plate amps that I purchased for passive subs ultimately took a shit - company went out of business. So on and so forth. My old QSC and ATI amps are still running like champs though.. and the passive speakers/subs are doing their jobs.