New (to me) RF-5's in the house

whell

Thanks to @kevinmi for letting me stop in today to check out his RF-5's.  They came home with me and are now getting warmed up in the man cave.  Getting warmed up with Peter Wolf's "A Cure for Loneliness" CD.  My listening area isn't great, but they're sounding quite nice right now.  Once my little flea-watt tube amp gets warmed up, things should start dialing in nicely.  

Thanks again Kevin!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kevinmi said:

Oh yeah: if there's no pics it didn't really happen!

You want pix?  Here's pix (please excuse the photographer's sucky skills).  Gotta love the Bi-Black-Belly-Button Klipsch Reference line. :)

rf-5_1.jpg

rf-5_2.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Audio Flynn said:

You still have the RF7s on the first floor?

Interesting journey, Rick.  The RF-7's left here a number of years ago.  They sounded great at your place but I never felt like I could get them to sound right here, particularly after the system was "banished" to the man-cave downstairs.  I had, within the last couple of years, rotated in some older, smaller Klipsch speakers, and an "econowave" design made popular over at AK.  I've also acquired some decent tube gear over the last few years and decided it was time to retry a more modest version of the Reference line.  To that end, I'd heard the RF-5's a number of years back and decided that if a pair ever came my way they'd find a home here. 

So, the "5's" are here, and playing through a EL84 - based amp, they sound just right to my ears.  :)

• Like 1