Cornwall iii

Greetings to all. New guy here at the forum. Just picked up a new set of the rosewood special Cornwalls from a vendor in Vegas @ a nice price. Not my first pair of Klipsch loudspeakers, but probably the finest I'll ever own, ever. Beautiful veneer, cabinet construction, and sound oh so sweet. Nothing like a pair of 15" woofers to fill a room imo. Klipsch Heritage....a dying breed, American made. Learning much here and enjoying the photos/threads of classic vintage Klipsch audio equipment.

DSC-0005small.jpg

• Like 7

I ordered the engraved PWK badges on ebay and was going to stick em on a pair of RP-280F i had. But sent the 280s back after I splurged on the Corns. Hence i stuck em there.

Edited by polizzio
correct speaker model number

1 hour ago, polizzio said:

Had to work smart, 97 lbs each. I was not to be deterred.

Welcome to the forums.  Those Cornwall III's are a nice upgrade over the 280's!

I'm a more than a little concerned about that door opening right onto your Cornwalls, especially the door knob.  I feel very sure you've considered the potential problem but if it were me I'd go to some extraordinary means to stop that door from opening too far.

41 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I'm a more than a little concerned about that door opening right onto your Cornwalls, especially the door knob. 

me too... if all standard door knobs location's are 36" from the bottom of the door …. I would attach a picture, but the rock I drew in front of the CW, to deflect, would distract from the aesthetics...

45 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Welcome to the forums.  Those Cornwall III's are a nice upgrade over the 280's!

I'm a more than a little concerned about that door opening right onto your Cornwalls, especially the door knob.  I feel very sure you've considered the potential problem but if it were me I'd go to some extraordinary means to stop that door from opening too far.

Looks like the door might be wider than the Cornwall, so it would likely hit the TV stand?

8 minutes ago, windashine said:

I would attach a picture, but the rock I drew in front of the CW, to deflect, would distract from the aesthetics...

I can picture Mr. @polizziohammering a nail through a big block of wood on the floor to protect those nice Cornwalls.  :lol:

Thank you gentlemen for the warm reception. There is a door stop on the upper hinge which I did re-adjust to prevent contact with the CW (by a couple inches), but it would hit the CW first. I may have to rethink a more rigid solid stop. Def don't want any contact whatsoever. If the SWAT come busting in, it would take a painful hit. I live alone and there are no small children or teens involved at this point. I'm 61.

Can't nail a stop into ceramic tile :)  

I only had the 280s for a month, and they were very impressive. Along with an SVS sb-3000 for movies, serious low bass authority. Hard to go wrong with the 280s for the price. But I wanted something nicer that "big black boxes" at this point in my life. I like wood so i splurged big time. And acoustic sound design in Vegas had them at a great price. He must have purchased like 15-20 pairs and blew them out. These CWs will be with me til death.........short of another flood.

I have a pair of BIC (DV-64 I believe) towers I purchased after my house was flooded in August 2012. Low end but they did the job. Not bad for $280 a pair delivered. Going to sell those, and probably the 45 day old SVS sub too. The SB-3000 is an amazing 1000 watt sealed sub, massive 13" driver.

I've had some interesting stereos in my lifetime. When I was 20 I had a pair of Peavey SP-1 loudspeakers (horn tweeter and 15" woofer in a vented cab) and a CS-800 amp in the LR. 400 clean watts per channel, and we used to see the clipping lights blink pretty frequently. Had to use pillows to keep feedback out of my turntable, cds had not been invented yet. 8 track yes, but that's not really hi fidelity. Led Zepplin, Santana, Allman Bros, and Pink Floyd were regulars. Couple hundred vinyl records. Neighbors were not very enthusiastic about my music. I was a young rebellious butthole then.

I really like great bass guitar riffs, and solid rythmik kick drum melodies. Fleetwood Mack Tusk is pretty cool with the sub. I run my bass hot. No flat Audyssy here.

Massive DMB fan, and Floyd and Gilmour too. Classical and jazz too. Pretty much anything but rap. Just doesn't work for me. 

Edited by polizzio
  • Like 1

Congrats on your purchase, and welcome to the forum.

I have the same exact speakers, recently bought, from the same dealer in NV I guess.

They do look gorgeous, and they sound amazingly good.

I recently started using a Line Magnetic LM 508AI with them, and oh boy , do they sound sweet. !!!

LM-508IA.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pallpoul said:

Congrats on your purchase, and welcome to the forum.

I have the same exact speakers, recently bought, from the same dealer in NV I guess.

They do look gorgeous, and they sound amazingly good.

I recently started using a Line Magnetic LM 508AI with them, and oh boy , do they sound sweet. !!!

LM-508IA.jpg

Super cool tube amp. Very nice.

2 hours ago, polizzio said:

Can't nail a stop into ceramic tile :)  

Then rent a small child to protect the Cornwalls! 

It was meant to be an overly dramatic suggestion.  I didn't really think you would hammer a nail into your ceramic tile.

I figured you would use a 2x4 and screws.  🤣

If I could screw down that door stop posted above i would. For everyday I feel ok right now, but if somebody was to really push or force the door open, it could hit it. Gonna give it some additional thought; open to ideas.

• Like 1