Cornwall iii

37 minutes ago, veloceleste said:

I just purchased these at Lowes for a chair but I think may be ideal.  You would have to flip the speaker (difficult) and remove the buttons  (easy--I did it on my Forte III while investigating spikes). The slide has an hard nylon base and very dense felt for contact with the floor and  a small circular "nail" to tap into the base. 

image.jpeg

That's pretty much what I purchased at walmart except its a hard plastic slider on the tile side. Claims it won't mark the flooring. Single nail retainer, on the back it recommends a single 1/16" starter drill hole. You stated you removed the Klipsch metal buttons, do you remember if they were attached with a single nail retainer? or multiple pins?

Pros for what I purchased is you don't have to worry about locating that pad and it won't slide off while moving speaker. And you don't visually see the pads.

Flipping the speakers isn't that big a deal with a second guy helping. Just has tp be done right with zero errors. Really just need to do the left anyways as that is the one I move for access.

23 minutes ago, veloceleste said:

No discretion needed. The speaker is not placed, just moved out of the way. I remove the slides when the speakers are placed in position for listening.

I was referring to the specific use being discussed.

5 minutes ago, polizzio said:

Pros for what I purchased is you don't have to worry about locating that pad and it won't slide off while moving speaker. And you don't visually see the pads.

It will not slide off the furniture movers.  They have a foam on top which grips and holds them to what's sitting on them, and they're very slippery on their bottom.  I've moved countless items out of and back into place doing floor covering work and the only reason I've ever had one come out in use is when the object is picked up or tipped while in motion.

You now have more than enough information/ideas to do what needs to be done.  I'm surprised it isn't already.

I like ur pads, and I don't have to flip the CWs. I'm going with them, least on the left speaker. Knowledge is good and no doubt there is a wealth of it among the members here. I enjoy reading about the vintage Klipsch and the restorations here. I see why some guys here have multiple sets of vintage or Heritage Klipsch loudspeakers. 

Here is a question to ponder........why is it that audiophiles and people who frequent audio forums are 95% male? Don't see or read of many chicks with big massive subwoofers or loudspeakers at home. I know they like music, guess they just don't get into the technical aspects, or killer home systems. I'm guessing the membership here is 90% male conservatively.

Maybe they have their knitting and crafting forums? 

Edited by polizzio

22 hours ago, windashine said:

… o O (let's take the door out of the frame, and reverse it)

I've done it before and did not find it that difficult. Do a net search for door stop, home depot has a hinge door stop that may work. If you find the HD site there is a video on how to install, cheap and easy. 

Ok, so today my new longer subwoofer cable arrived in the mail. Time to move the left CW to access my receiver rear. So i carefully laid her down on a heavy blanket and installed the walmart plastic furniture sliders that I already had. Way better than the stock metal buttons.  

The new cable is awesome, 40 foot RG 6 cable with great shielding and nice terminations. Cost me $15.47 delivered to my door.  So if any of you guys need to purchase a longer subwoofer cable, or rca cables, I highly recommend them. Got it from The Cimple Co out of Utah off ebay. Quick delivery too.

Moved the SB-3000 behind my recliner. This should be interesting. Some trial and adjustments no doubt. CW back upright and in position, no damage :)

IMG_20190509_154437082.jpg

IMG_20190509_154450114.jpg

• Moderators
On 5/4/2019 at 4:35 PM, polizzio said:

I like ur pads, and I don't have to flip the CWs. I'm going with them, least on the left speaker. Knowledge is good and no doubt there is a wealth of it among the members here. I enjoy reading about the vintage Klipsch and the restorations here. I see why some guys here have multiple sets of vintage or Heritage Klipsch loudspeakers. 

Here is a question to ponder........why is it that audiophiles and people who frequent audio forums are 95% male? Don't see or read of many chicks with big massive subwoofers or loudspeakers at home. I know they like music, guess they just don't get into the technical aspects, or killer home systems. I'm guessing the membership here is 90% male conservatively.

Maybe they have their knitting and crafting forums? 

There are more women here than in the past but still  a very low number, I. Don’t know why. Your right about them possibly not being interested in the technical side of it. That’s exactly how my wife is, but when she hears what she likes she does not care why, she just knows she likes the sounds. In a way it’s a good way of doing it, pre conceived ideas can sometimes lead you in the wrong direction but great sound is easy to notice. She has picked out our best speakers which also happen to be the biggest, I just got lucky it happens to be what I thought sounded best. So you know I just had to go along, being a nice guy and all.

:lol:                                     Looking at the pictures of your new Cornwall’s that might be the best looking veneer I have ever seen on a Clll, you got lucky finding those.

Thanks dtel. The RP-280s were pretty amazing too, but at this point in my life I wanted something other than "big black boxes" in my LR. I have owned quite a few pair of tall black boxes in my lifetime. Somebody will get these CWs when I die. 

I was watching A Star is Born blu ray earlier to test the new position of the SB-3000 hidden behind my recliner. The opening concert scene and others when they are playing live on stage (Shallow). The CWs and the 3000 are just plain bad to da bone! I could feel the vibrations, the impact in my sofa :) And sound good....... like being there front row. Gaga is a freak in real life but the woman can sing and play the piano wonderfully. Cooper performs well too.

Edited by polizzio

20 hours ago, polizzio said:

I was watching A Star is Born blu ray earlier to test the new position of the SB-3000 hidden behind my recliner. The opening concert scene and others when they are playing live on stage (Shallow). The CWs and the 3000 are just plain bad to da bone! I could feel the vibrations, the impact in my sofa :) And sound good....... like being there front row. Gaga is a freak in real life but the woman can sing and play the piano wonderfully. Cooper performs well too.

The soundtrack for that is really well done. All the recording was done live like a real percormance.

Great looking speakers, and as dtel said, beaufiful veneer. I think Klipsch has upped their game substantially.

Bruce

6 hours ago, Marvel said:

The soundtrack for that is really well done. All the recording was done live like a real performance.

Great looking speakers, and as dtel said, beaufiful veneer. I think Klipsch has upped their game substantially.

Bruce

I agree with you Bruce on the quality of the recording on blu ray disc. It is superb. Side note, the guy on guitar in the band is Willy Nelson's son. In the scene/song "Remember Us This way" Gaga on piano, when they pan and the guitar player says something like "wow" to Cooper, that is Lukas Nelson (long brown hair and beard). He coached Bradly Cooper and wrote a lot of the music in the movie (7 songs). I purchased both the blu ray and mp3 soundtrack after seeing the movie at my local theater like 5 times. I rarely watch a movie multiple times but something about this movie and the music just touched me deeply. Bradley Cooper did such a bust up job acting, singing, and directing. He spent 2 years training to sing and play the guitar for the movie. Cooper actually sang all his parts but I believe somebody else played some of his guitar riffs, maybe Nelson.

Cooper was an alcoholic for years before the movie came along, so he could relate well. I'm not a fan of Gaga and her own music, but in the movie I sure am. She is so talented.

On 5/11/2019 at 5:54 AM, polizzio said:

Bradley Cooper did such a bust up job acting, singing, and directing. He spent 2 years training to sing and play the guitar for the movie. Cooper actually sang all his parts but I believe somebody else played some of his guitar riffs, maybe Nelson. 

I had come across a story about all the song writing for the movie when I learned Jason Isbell had worked on one of the songs. I really like the music Jason and his wife are doing. If you've not heard any of his music, there is plenty on YT. All post Drive By Truckers... he has matured substantially since then.

Bruce

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marvel said:

I had come across a story about all the song writing for the movie when I learned Jason Isbell had worked on one of the songs. I really like the music Jason and his wife are doing. If you've not heard any of his music, there is plenty on YT. All post Drive By Truckers... he has matured substantially since then.

Bruce

Agreed. And DBT have suffered greatly since he left. It is clear that patterson hood wasn't the song writing genius in that band. And I was a huge fan of all their earlier work with Jason.

Shakey

11 hours ago, Marvel said:

Bruce

I like, especially "Elephant" and "Relatively Easy". Sitting here listening to his collection via YT. Delicate storyteller. Thx for the tip.