Can someone tell me when these HI-SM were made?

mark1101

Here is the thread with pics.  If any further info is required, I have the speakers.  Serial numbers are 2785 and 2788.  Appear to be birch and have a clear lacquer on them.  They are slant monitors.  I am interested in the year they were made and any other interesting info.

Did they arrive safely from Vermont?  I would have to say Late 70's to early 80's.  The innards will pinpoint it closer.  The cast aluminum input plates were switched to composite versions in  '84 -'85 they most likely have the Electro-Voice made EVM-12L (K-42) woofers, K-55V midranges and square magnet K-77M's.  If they have the steel stamped frame K-42's or solder terminal K-55V's that would place them around '81 to '83 if they spring terminal K-55V's prior to those years.

Well they have push button K55s, and push button K42s.  Alnico soldered K77s.  Aluminum jack plates.

They arrived safely and with the changes I made they sound terrific and they are the coolest looking Heresys I have ever seen.