The Klipsch Audio Community
HDBRbuilder

Pilgrimage 2019 Chief Bonehead chats: LaScala/Jubes

1 hour ago, Bill W. said:

I have said this before and still believe it is true..... To successfully launch the Jubilee as the premier home speaker will require something we have not seen yet, a state-of-the-art hf horn of a size that is between the 402 and the 510. This will overcome the size objections which would limit sales of a 402 design and overcome the performance limitations of pattern control on the 510.

Has anybody tried running the 510 vertically? The horizontal pattern is constrained by the room walls anyway, so they will take over where the short axis of the horn loses control. Meanwhile, the long axis of the horn, and its attendant pattern control, will now be in the vertical direction.

On 7/8/2019 at 11:21 AM, Dave A said:

I find it very interesting though that people like HDBRbuilder choose plywood.

My good buddy if off to speaker building competition at Midwest Audio Fest, sponsored by Parts Express. He used Baltic Birch Plywood for construction, BUT, also used MDF on the Right and Left sides so he would get the SMOOTHEST Automotive Paint job possible for those surfaces only. The speakers are gorgeous with solid Cherry Wood fronts and tops.

IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1790.JPG

Has anybody tried running the 510 vertically? The horizontal pattern is constrained by the room walls anyway, so they will take over where the short axis of the horn loses control. Meanwhile, the long axis of the horn, and its attendant pattern control, will now be in the vertical direction.

If anyone is near Orlando or Deltona Florida that has a pair setup I could come over with my mic and run REW and get some numbers
A friend of mine, also a member here, has a pair but is is two hours one way from me. Maybe the next time I go see him he will let me run before and after test with his 904’s with these horns he has
I don’t like posting someone’s name on open fourm unless they are chatting on the same post

Dollar for dollar Klipsch has no equals
Name one other speaker company that can build a speaker and keep working like new after 45 plus years of service. Answer NO ONE !!!!!!

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

My good buddy if off to speaker building competition at Midwest Audio Fest, sponsored by Parts Express. He used Baltic Birch Plywood for construction, BUT, also used MDF on the Right and Left sides so he would get the SMOOTHEST Automotive Paint job possible for those surfaces only. The speakers are gorgeous with solid Cherry Wood fronts and tops.

Say that's what wood grain filler is for and you can avoid that sad glue + sawdust junk. But what do I know. All the best speaker builders use it, or so I have been told.

49 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Say that's what wood grain filler is for and you can avoid that sad glue + sawdust junk. But what do I know. All the best speaker builders use it, or so I have been told.

Go back and check out the photos  I uploaded.

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Go back and check out the photos  I uploaded.

Well you know me Claude I lead an MDF free life so I can't get excited even if it is pretty. 

45 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Well you know me Claude I lead an MDF free life so I can't get excited even if it is pretty. 

Yes, well it's just a surface veneer on the sides for cosmetics to hold a $1,100 paint job. The entire structure is BB 18 and 12 mm.