1978 La Scala Decorators For Sale Near Madison, WI SOLD

tidmack

On 5/3/2019 at 10:58 PM, jimjimbo said:
On 5/3/2019 at 10:39 PM, wvu80 said:

(Dave ducks and runs)  🤣

Please leave the grammar and punctuation and spelling lessons to someone else.  Thank you.

Please note the smiley face 🤣🤣🤣  ^^^    I always post with a smile on my face.  🤓

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Please note the smiley face 🤣🤣🤣  ^^^ and learn to recognize humor, that's about as obvious as I can get.  I always post with a smile on my face.  🤓

Dave, my post completely in jest, sort of.....you should know me, sort of, by now.....

• Haha 1

Just now, jimjimbo said:

Dave, my post completely in jest, sort of.....you should know me, sort of, by now.....

That went right over my head, not the first time I missed something. 

Thanks for the note.  :emotion-21:  B)

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

That went right over my head, not the first time I missed something. 

Thanks for the note.  :emotion-21:  B)

My pleasure.  After watching hockey for the last 4 hours, I'm bound to be misconstrued, no matter what I say....time to go night night....

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

My pleasure.  After watching hockey for the last 4 hours, I'm bound to be misconstrued, no matter what I say....time to go night night....

I saw my first hockey game this year, the Columbus Blue Jackets.  It was very cool.

My buddy has connections and said if Columbus makes it to the next round he can get tickets.  If he can get tickets I'll be going to my second game.

3 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

and more time with the shooting teams coaches at WVU, IMHO!😉

And just how did you know about our shooting teams?  Very cool that you would know that!  :emotion-21:

The football and basketball programs get all the TV time but the Rifle team owns all the national championships at West Virginia.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

And just how did you know about our shooting teams?  Very cool that you would know that!  :emotion-21:

The football and basketball programs get all the TV time but the Rifle team owns all the national championships at West Virginia.

Are you forgetting about all the Olympic shooting sports medals, too???  Not just ones won by Team USA...but so many other shooters from other nations are in that WVU shooting program....winning medals for their OWN countries!!  Yeah, I know!  Just like every shooter SHOULD KNOW!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tidmack said:

The grill material and banding appear to be finish nailed to the fronts.

Actually, if you remove the wooden molding, you will find that the grille cloth itself is STAPLED on...the wood trim hides all of those staples....

8 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

No such thing as LaScala DECORATORS...they were either LaScalas or they weren't!

Andy, I appreciate you setting me straight on that. I've always described Heritage speakers that came from the factory without a grill as decorators, but I understand completely that the serial number description for these doesn't have any sort of "decorator" designation.

For anyone else who reads this, you will not regret paging through some of Andy's posts. He was here when I signed up in the late '90s and is a wealth of knowledge. Most guys from that era don't come around here any more, for a variety of reasons, but it is damn nice to see Andy posting regularly again. Back in the day, he was the only "golden age" Klipsch employee on the board and has great PWK stories, insight into build strategy, and hints to make our speakers sound better. Each member's posts are archived though our profiles and some should almost be required reading for members to get an idea of where this forum came from.

Thanks again.

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2