1978 La Scala Decorators For Sale Near Madison, WI SOLD

tidmack

13 hours ago, tidmack said:

Andy, I appreciate you setting me straight on that. I've always described Heritage speakers that came from the factory without a grill as decorators, but I understand completely that the serial number description for these doesn't have any sort of "decorator" designation.

For anyone else who reads this, you will not regret paging through some of Andy's posts. He was here when I signed up in the late '90s and is a wealth of knowledge. Most guys from that era don't come around here any more, for a variety of reasons, but it is damn nice to see Andy posting regularly again. Back in the day, he was the only "golden age" Klipsch employee on the board and has great PWK stories, insight into build strategy, and hints to make our speakers sound better. Each member's posts are archived though our profiles and some should almost be required reading for members to get an idea of where this forum came from.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for making me some kinda miracle worker or whatever....LOL!  I just had to adjust my cap for a "Looser fit"!  LOL!

I want you to do me a favor:  Look at the backs of those CDBR(L?) Cornwalls...facing the rear of the cabinets, look at the upper rear edge of the side panel to your left on each one...do you see the letter "A" stamped in anywhere?  If it is, it SHOULD be either Just the Letter "A"...or the "A" will have another letter stamped right beside it...and below that/those letter(s) will be another letter...tell me what you see, thanks!  I would imagine those were built in 1977-1978, since they have the "laser" Klipsch logos...and we rolled over to the drop-in motorboards on the new CBR-style build around late 78/early 79, IIRC!  These also have the "two-hole" bass port up front...because we didn't go to the three-hole version for the CDBR(L) speakers...we had to do it for the CBR series though...since the mitered cabinets also used it...and there was a reason that happened, too!  Thanks!

18 hours ago, tidmack said:

Enjoy the speakers, Kelly! What an absolute pleasure to meet you today. Thanks again for the response on these, guys, they're going to a terrific home.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!  I hope to enjoy these for a long time.  Pleasure to meet you!

Kelly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1