Speaker Wire

LD2210

If you are going to twist wires, make sure you twist them clockwise.

Also make sure the left channel is connected to the left speaker, and right to right.  It doesn't make too much difference in rock music ("close enough for rock 'n roll") but with a classical orchestra, if you don't have left -> left, and right -> right everything in the center will be twisted.  Nothing is worse than twisted violins!

It does matter in rock music. Most drummers are right handed. The high hat cymbal is on his left. If the channels are correct the high hat should be on the right side of the stereo image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

Drummer, that's the guy who hangs out with the musicians right.

Ok that's an old joke

How do you get a bassist off of your front porch? 

Pay him for the pizza 😁

• Haha 2

So there is this despondant jazz bass player. Despite all of his talents he just can't make a living in the music industry, so he decides to kill himself. He goes to the top of a tall building and holding his bass, jumps off. It just so happens at that exact moment, a truck filled with old matresses is driving by and the bassist lands on them and survives the fall. The police help him down from the truck and say: "You must be the luckiest bass player in the world!" "No" our bassist says, "The luckiest bass player in the world is Adam Clayton."

Ba dum dum.....psst.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 10:01 AM, polizzio said:

Pennywise, you own any $1300 loud speaker cables? I bet you do :)

Share your favorite brand with us.

No, I don't have any $1300 "cables"

I use Supra Classic. Sometimes you have to look past the nonsense voodoo and just focus on the quality of a thing. Passive parts are much the same way.

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/speaker-wire/supra-classic-1.6/bulk-cable-per-foot-15-awg/

6 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Dean,

Thanks for changing you name back and using a different avatar, it was creeping me out a little.

Your sarcasm sounds sooo much nicer with a butterfly emblem than the clown.

Another ST LOUISAN, eh? I'm up across Natural Bridge from UMSL, where be you?

John Kuthe...

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
ROFL!!!!

My Ex Wife had a nice painted 1966 VW Beetle that would idle all day, but when only drive a little ways once engaged to drive!!

Turned out to be a blocked steel fuel line in the VW floorpan so I ran a secondary flel line up out of the engine compartment, over the rain sill over the driver's door which worked wonderfully! But would NEVER pass safety inspection!

Rube Goldberg as one can get! Function over form, safety, etc! [emoji6]

John  Kuthe...

I had a ‘67 VW that would vapor lock in the fuel line that ran up to the carburetor. A little water poured on the line and it would start right up. As far as speaker wire goes 18ga zip cord is fine. I have LaScalas and Heresys and that’s what Paul Klipsch said to use.

• Like 1

ROFL!!!!

My Ex Wife had a nice painted 1966 VW Beetle that would idle all day, but when only drive a little ways once engaged to drive!!

Turned out to be a blocked steel fuel line in the VW floorpan so I ran a secondary flel line up out of the engine compartment, over the rain sill over the driver's door which worked wonderfully! But would NEVER pass safety inspection!

Rube Goldberg as one can get! Function over form, safety, etc! [emoji6]

John  Kuthe...