Bob Latino vta st-120 - SOLD

Cornman

Most of you are familiar with this amp, 60 w per channel. Uses 6550 or KT88 . I had this one built 10 months ago  with all the upgrades - Best Capacitors - Attenuation pot  (so you dont necessarily need a pre amp sounds great straight from the source )   -    Auto Bias board ( Greatest thing since sliced bread ) - digital bias voltage Meters installed ( cool bling ) . Basically like new, I spent $2,060.00 with all the upgrades -- yours for $1,400.00 . I have gone thru several other amps over the past year and had to spend almost twice as much to find something I liked better & it is better only by a small margin . If I had it all to do over again I would have stopped with this amp & call it good enough , because it does perform way above it price range .

IMG_2342.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cornman said:

Most of you are familiar with this amp, 60 w per channel. Uses 6550 or KT88 . I had this one built 10 months ago  with all the upgrades - Best Capacitors - Attenuation pot  (so you dont necessarily need a pre amp sounds great straight from the source )   -    Auto Bias board ( Greatest thing since sliced bread ) - digital bias voltage Meters installed ( cool bling ) . Basically like new, I spent over $2,100.00 with all the upgrades -- yours for $1,500.00 . I have gone thru several other amps over the past year and had to spend almost twice as much to find something I liked better & it is better only by a small margin . If I had it all to do over again I would have stopped with this amp & call it good enough , because it does perform way above it price range .

IMG_2342.JPG

Who built the amp ?  Any pictures of the underside ?

Bob Latino no longer builds himself due to vision problems . This one was built by one of his builders in Arizona who has decades of experience working for RCA  & building Latino amps .  I can give you his Email address if you like . I have never opened the underside , but can if necessary .

Great amplifiers and rock solid. I built my VTA ST-70 a couple years back and it uses 6550 output tubes. Been a great amplifier and I'm really looking forward to getting it hooked back up to my Belle inspired clones. 

GLWS

One of our sharp eyed members called it to my attention that the output tubes might not be Sovtek in the photo .  Right- those in photo are Tungsol . Buyer is welcome to his choice  of brands . I cant hear much difference in sound with either brand , but the small tube do influence the sound .

11 minutes ago, Cornman said:

Located just south of Austin little town called Kyle, near IH35 .

Come take a listen you will not be disappointed !

Good little ride for me.  I have a Njoe Tjoeb CD player but wrestling with whether or not I really want to part with it.

On 5/17/2019 at 1:13 AM, AHall said:

Good price. I love my vta70. Sounds fantastic. These amps are often said to have equal or better quality than McIntosh 275 etc. 

I agree AHall . I have owned Mac 275's & 2105 . The Latino does compare with them,  the Mac's having a slightly different voicing . All great gear .

• Like 1