Got my Ebay repro logo's in for my LaScala's

Don't really have any jazz anymore, used to get all I needed Sunday nights on a radio station here. Those logos look a lot like the new ones.... and that's a lot of firepower in there!

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Don't really have any jazz anymore, used to get all I needed Sunday nights on a radio station here. Those logos look a lot like the new ones.... and that's a lot of firepower in there!

Yep - The logo's are pretty much the same - there is a Guy over in Russia who CNC cuts them from aluminum.  They aren't cheap, but they are worth the $$.  I had him make me some last year for my K-Horns (since parted out / sold) - and sent him a scan of the logo.  I assume he just did the same thing for the LaScala's as he now has a lot of the vintage style logo's for sale.

In truth - I did ask Klipsch first last year, but they don't sell them....

Its a little room alright - and if I open them up, you can easily hit the ear damage threshold, lol!

• Like 1

Heard about "that Russian" ebay guy in a thread here when I spent a lot of time here last year.

My F3s have the same script. It's different & I like it, same with your placement on your LS. Good Job!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Escher said:

Hmmm... so - these must have an oil based stain.  Logo's fell off after several hours.

Suggestions?  I had used double sided tape.  

Take a paper towel , double it...take a can of laquer thinner   use one finger tip in the doubled-up paper towel and get it wet with the thinner.....wipe off the back of the logo with it and KNOWING EXACTLY WHERE the logo will be attached...dab the laquer thinner on that spot until it appears to be clean and dry of any surface oils...use a couple small drops of super glue GEL,  and attach the logo and hold it in place until the super glue gel sets up!  Too Easy!

12 hours ago, jason str said:

Shoe goo should stick.

Aleene's tacky glue may be a good less permanent alternative glue.

Test in an inconspicuous place with scrap first if possible.

12 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Take a paper towel , double it...take a can of laquer thinner   use one finger tip in the doubled-up paper towel and get it wet with the thinner.....wipe off the back of the logo with it and KNOWING EXACTLY WHERE the logo will be attached...dab the laquer thinner on that spot until it appears to be clean and dry of any surface oils...use a couple small drops of super glue GEL,  and attach the logo and hold it in place until the super glue gel sets up!  Too Easy!

I took the suggestion and used some Iso Alcohol to clean the area and the back of the badge - but I want to ability to remove it without damaging the wood should I decide to go with grilles later... I will attach the badge to the grille if I do that.

So - Hot-melt it is.  I warmed up the badges a bit (Aluminum conducts heat like crazy and will cool the hot melt too fast) and slapped them on - seems to work well. 

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

I need to see if the guy could make a "new version" in that style for Belles. That would look cool and be different. 

I'm sure he will - if you send him a scan of something you want, he will be able to work something out. 

On 5/7/2019 at 10:59 AM, kevinmi said:

I'm glad you labeled them-nobody would have known what speakers they were!

Most of the populace wouldn't know at all.  The opposite is true for the forums.