Nobis Cantabile USA Made Tube Amplifier For Sale Madison, WI Area

tidmack

49 minutes ago, joessportster said:

Pics man I am waiting for the Pics.  I read the linked review and it sounds like a good amp. The reviewer also gushed over the appearance, I have never seen the amp and would like to :) :emotion-21:

Joe, good to hear from you! I completely jumped the gun on this post...hoping to get the amp from my Dad's house tonight and get some photos posted. My apologies for leaving you hanging!

Jeff

12 hours ago, joessportster said:

Its all good Jeff....................I really would like to hear it as well but dont know if I can afford it currently................I will pm after I see pics thanks my friend

My sincere apologies, Joe. I appreciate your interest and patience, too. If you have interest in the amp, shoot me a PM and I can tell you the story of how I purchased it directly from a Nobis employee.

Jeff

DSC_0715 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0717 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0718 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0719 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0720 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0721 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0722 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0724 (Medium).JPG

2 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Nothing like the real thing ;)

Peter, you made me spit my cereal out this morning!

I know we can't lean on a Stereophile review too heavily, but this amp is truly a brick shi*house. Their comments about build quality are spot on.  It's not fussy, either, which I like. I still use solid state stuff because of its "plug n play" characteristics, but I've had this tube amp for about 15 years and have enjoyed the hell out of it. 

• Like 2

Damn it man she is pretty.  You have no idea how much I want to try this amp and how much my wife does NOT want me to try it :( 

I had a pair of thor 30 watt monos years ago which were the BEST EL34 amp's I had / have ever heard.  That sound stays with me and I am always trying to find it again. Everytime I see a new EL34 based amp I chomp at the bit Could it be :wacko:

I have a couple SET amps I am trying to move 1 if I can do that I will hit you up.  Joe

56 minutes ago, joessportster said:

Damn it man she is pretty.  You have no idea how much I want to try this amp and how much my wife does NOT want me to try it :( 

I had a pair of thor 30 watt monos years ago which were the BEST EL34 amp's I had / have ever heard.  That sound stays with me and I am always trying to find it again. Everytime I see a new EL34 based amp I chomp at the bit Could it be :wacko:

I have a couple SET amps I am trying to move 1 if I can do that I will hit you up.  Joe

I really appreciate the compliment, Joe. I wish I could compare this one to something else, but honestly, I just don't have a ton of experience with tube amps. I can say that what really blew me away the first time I heard this Cantabile is how much headroom it has and how upfront the bass was on my Klipschorns. 

If you are able to sell an amp and have further interest, don't hesitate to reach out.

Jeff

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Since this post a number of years back, I actually started USING this Nobis amp. It sounds terrific and is still available if someone is looking to get into tubes at a relatively reasonable number. I'm looking to get $800 for this amp, picked up in 53560. Here is a link to it working, along with a review written in Stereophile years back: