Bose idea:

kenratboy

Hello, i recently discovered that song and i recently also received the AM3 system for Christmas. When i first head the 1812 Overture, i was very impressed by the song. it has incredibly deep bass... i downloaded it from a list searched under Trans-Siberian Orchestra. when i play this track on the AM3 system it gives a very satisfying performance, only at low to low mid volumes though. you can still hear that really deep drum. just not as much as with a real sub....

i have a real subwoofer, 10 inch, 240watt. Dayton 1ft cabinet, the SA240 watt amp and a 10 inch driver by pioneer.
when i play it with my sub, the walls just shake.

Ken

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What that meant was...

Dear Mr. Brown,

Oh gawwwd...another question...Bose does not publish these specifications because that would expose us as the Charlitans we truly are.

It might mislead you the purchaser to purchase elsewhere as you would be able to compare and find the "holes" in our Myth of truly superior sound. Bo$e systems will fall short of your expectations if we couldn't tell you and thus fill your subconscious that it will exceed those expectations.

Thank you for ignoring what you know and choosing Bo$e anyway.

The difference in performance will be underwhelming.

Welcome to mediocrity...

The Bo$e Corporation

P.S...Please don't listen to Klipsch, they are old speakers...who wants that??? [:P][;)]

Bill

Some Bose speakers are OK, I've been caught unaware thinking they sounded OK before I knew they were Bose.

Besides, ALL small speakers are only OK at best, it's not like Bose is alone in making small mediocre speakers.

And if you want to talk overpriced lousy speakers look at "high end" garbage like Totem, Sonus-Faber yada-yada. You know, the crap that new-age audiophiles who don't know a 604 or 4435 from a hole in the ground call "monitors".

I feel that BO$E is targeted at "wifes" who don't want their husbands to have big, "manly" looking speakers in their house. they are small, and easy to blend into your home decor, whereas Klipsch doesn't exactly put out that kind of product. As a result of having small , easy to blend speakers, they sacrifice sound quality. Let's face it, you can only get so much sound to come out of one of those little cube "speakers."

How do they find out about these things? I guess if you went to the mall with her and made sure she did not wander into their outlet store you would be safe? Or is it that once some Numb Nuts puts one in his house the wives then talk, word gets out, and all the other poor slobs without ears and/or backbones get the proverbial hose?

If I remember it right Stereo Reveiw did a test on the old bose 601's and gave them a bad reveiw and bose sewed them for it so don't count on anyone doing a public test on there stuff. I used to have the am 10's I thought they where the bomb until I my wife snuck me a pair of F-3's you will never guess what happend (bye bye bose)

Bose didn't build their systems to WIN OVER KLIPSCH SPEAKER people, again, as I have written many times, Bose is for average Joe consumer that wants a plug and play system without big speakers, without knowing, or wanting to know, too much about AUDIO systems.......................BOSE is not designed for AUDIO BUFFS................Many people use, and many people like BOSE, so why do we always have bad comments about BOSE products..................If you don't like them, it's simple, DON'T BUY THEM.....................

Bose didn't build their systems to WIN OVER KLIPSCH SPEAKER people, again, as I have written many times, Bose is for average Joe consumer that wants a plug and play system without big speakers, without knowing, or wanting to know, too much about AUDIO systems.......................BOSE is not designed for AUDIO BUFFS................Many people use, and many people like BOSE, so why do we always have bad comments about BOSE products..................If you don't like them, it's simple, DON'T BUY THEM.....................

Exactly! I agree 100%.

It's because most of the people on here are brainwashed into thinking that Klipsch is the best thing since slided bread. However they are always having to modify their precious Klipsch speakers to clean up the midrange, take out the nasty harshness, improve the treble, and try to get deeper bass. But why do you have to try and "improve" something that you "think" is the one and only perfect speaker?! I mean, you can't improve on perfection, right?

The real sad thing is, most of you guys are in your 30's, 40's and 50's, and you go on and on about Bose like you're little children. "My daddy is better than your daddy... My daddy can beat your daddy..."

People, I really believe it's about time you decided to grow up for once. Why not make it a New Year's Resolution? Trust me, it would be for the better. [8-)]

"It's because most of the people on here are brainwashed into thinking that Klipsch is the best thing since slided bread. However they are always having to modify their precious Klipsch speakers to clean up the midrange, take out the nasty harshness, improve the treble, and try to get deeper bass. But why do you have to try and "improve" something that you "think" is the one and only perfect speaker?! I mean, you can't improve on perfection, right?

The real sad thing is, most of you guys are in your 30's, 40's and 50's, and you go on and on about Bose like you're little children. "My daddy is better than your daddy... My daddy can beat your daddy..."

People, I really believe it's about time you decided to grow up for once. Why not make it a New Year's Resolution? Trust me, it would be for the better."

Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black? I do agree with you in spirit but look at it this way. Those with other brands such as on the Agon board don't bother modding what they thought was a nirvana speaker, they sell it off and buy something else. In perspective if Klipsch are close enough to awesome that a little tweaking is even better for some, which is ultimately the better design? Keep in mind I am speaking theoretically here, and won't disagree that there are some fantastic speakers out there---for a price. Which is more grown up? Making a great buzz per dollar product better or spending megabucks by a factor of at least 3 in pursuit of the most fabulous speaker in the world? As far as a New Year's resolution, yes we all could be a little better. However I have seen other dedicated interest boards turn to bland, boring, pc disasters thanks to a group think of "that's not the purpose of this board take it someplace else." Oh yeah, my dad is way better than yours.

"In perspective if Klipsch are close enough to awesome that a little tweaking is even better for some, which is ultimately the better design?"

Yeah but some of the people around here end up using nothing Klipsch but the bassbin, they simply aren't Klipsch speakers anymore. By the time a fella is using Khorn bassbins with 902s on 511s and Fostex tweeters........that's more than a little tweaking, that's designing and making a custom speaker.

Why I moddded my Klipschs right away from being any Klipsch at all. ;-)

"It's because most of the people on here are brainwashed into thinking that Klipsch is the best thing since slided bread. However they are always having to modify their precious Klipsch speakers to clean up the midrange, take out the nasty harshness, improve the treble, and try to get deeper bass. But why do you have to try and "improve" something that you "think" is the one and only perfect speaker?! I mean, you can't improve on perfection, right?

People, I really believe it's about time you decided to grow up for once. Why not make it a New Year's Resolution? Trust me, it would be for the better."

Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black? I do agree with you in spirit but look at it this way. Those with other brands such as on the Agon board don't bother modding what they thought was a nirvana speaker, they sell it off and buy something else. In perspective if Klipsch are close enough to awesome that a little tweaking is even better for some, which is ultimately the better design? Keep in mind I am speaking theoretically here, and won't disagree that there are some fantastic speakers out there---for a price. Which is more grown up? Making a great buzz per dollar product better or spending megabucks by a factor of at least 3 in pursuit of the most fabulous speaker in the world? As far as a New Year's resolution, yes we all could be a little better. However I have seen other dedicated interest boards turn to bland, boring, pc disasters thanks to a group think of "that's not the purpose of this board take it someplace else." Oh yeah, my dad is way better than yours.

"Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black?"

Not really. I don't think so. I never claimed that I was overly fond of the sound of the Cornwalls, stock or modified with BEC's tweeters and modded crossovers. Sure, there was a modest improvement over stock with these little mods, but I still wasn't thrilled with the sound, and certainly not satisfied to leave well enough alone. The ONLY thing that I always liked about the Cornwalls was how they project a large wall of sound, which most large scale loudspeakers do well anyway. Large speakers sound large.

Now I do claim that I'm overly fond of my current setup via the K33-E in the stock CW enclosure, Altec 511B/902 combo, active crossover and EQ, and bi-amped. But like TBrennan says, it's no longer a Klipsch loudspeaker at this point, but a custom job, which I am perfectly happy with. Do I think they're perfect now? Absolutely not, but I'm sure you'd have to pay a considerable amount of $$$ more to get better performance.

Anyway, I don't want to get into any arguements here, and I'm not going to either. I'm not even going to get upset or angry! If everyone responded to my comments/opinions on this particular subject the way oldtimer did, I wouldn't mind hanging out here more often. It was very calm, grown-up and civilized. But sure enough, there will someone that will come on here, read what I wrote, and try to bash the hell out of me because I have no issues with Bose but have said that Klipsch has faults of their own. Which to a lot of members on here, that's like committing the ultimate sin. Oh well.

Chops----So now you should replace the K-33s with 416s and retune the boxes. Set your crossover at 1200, keep your top end EQ and in effect you'll have..........Model Nineteens!!! ;-)

You see where the modding leads. ;-)

But seriously,I think you should consider 416s, the upper bass and midrange is just magic. IMO.