Klipsch 10swi connection issue

Sk8r

Hello, I just bought klipsch 10swi sub and connected it with pioneer vsx-lx503. The issue is sub works when I do calibration and make changes to settings but it won’t work when I play any music or any other sound that I play. Can anyone help me with that? Or is it just a bad sub?? 

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

If it works with test tones then the sub and cabling are fine.  Check the settings in your receiver.   It may not be turned on in the mode that your listening to.

I did turn on in main setting as 2.1 with sub on. Is there any other specific place where it needs to be on?? 

Have you done troubleshooting per your owners manual?

The subwoofer produces no sound

If the setting of the front speakers is "Large", the low range elements will be output from the front speakers instead of from the subwoofer during 2 ch audio input of TV or music. To output the sound from the subwoofer, make one of the following settings.1. Change the front speakers settings to "Small".The low range elements will be output from the subwoofer rather than the front speakers. We do not recommend changing this if your front speakers have good low range reproduction capabilities.2. Change "Double Bass" to "On".The low range elements of the front speakers will be output from both the front speakers and the subwoofer. Due to this, the bass sound may be emphasized too much. In such a case, do not change the setting, or make the setting with the above option 1.For the setting details, refer to "System Setup" - "Speaker" - "Crossover".If the input signals do not contain subwoofer audio elements (LFE), the subwoofer may produce no sound.