Horology...

Schu

Nice... that thing is fancy.

I think the good omega to get is the original man on the moon... but it has to be the 'sapphire sandwich' version which replaces the original hard plastic of the first model that actually went to the moon with hardened sapphire... front and back.

On 7/17/2019 at 6:52 PM, Schu said:

48308547727_83576d7c59_h.jpg

Well done Schu!!! That is a beautiful watch! And that Grand Seiko is also a stunner! Great collection.  I have a modest watch collection.  I added a shot of my vintage Seiko's.  The Seiko "Pogue" 6139 -6002, Seiko "Willard" 6105-8110, Seiko Turtle 6309-7049.  I was a Navy Diver. Both the Willard and Turtle were tool watches in the truest sense.   I typically didn't wear them when I dove surface supplied.  Topside kept track of my time. They both keep surprisingly good time but when placed on the timeographer, show that they are long overdue for service.             

I got the Pouge in mid 70's because I thought it just looked cool and wore it more as a dress watch so it has survived the years unscathed.  Oh, well those are my Seiko's.

I sure do like yours.  Thanks for starting this thread!

Cheers

15635056856933967482563667062367.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Schu said:

MB... that's a great Seiko collection. The 6105 has a storied history. Are you the original owner?

Thanks Schu!  I'm not the original owner of the Seiko 6105  The original owner was my first LPO who became a brother to me, and upon his retirement he gave it to me.  He has since passed away.  The photo shows the 1605 with the bracelet (Made in Subic, PI) that was on it when I received it.  I wore it for a while with that bracelet, but changed it out later.  I just ordered a replica waffle strap for it.  The other three dive watches are a Scuba Pro Automatic which is from the mid 70's and was rated for 500m.  It is very close to an Aquastar Benthos 500 or Kon Tiki Eterna.  The dive watch with the orange band is an Aquastar, Glasstar, rated for 10 ATA (330'), purchase in 1974, and my other Scuba Pro 500 which has a quartz movement.  My Seiko 6309, Turtle, in the first photo, I purchased at the NAB, Littlecreek, NEX, in 1983.  These were all tool dive watches of course, and not luxury dive watches. I wouldn't mind adding a couple more luxury divers to my collection...  I do have a Rolex Submariner.

Cheers!

15635902928996274583456972512602.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

In 2006 under 2 Channel Thread, a member noted their wife liked her stainless with side diamonds Baume & Mercier "rectangle" watch.  That's my wife's fav too ... I have bought her; 3 Baume & Mercier including that one.  She wears a round Baume & Mercier (pretty plain version) daily. She bought me a Baume & Mercier "rectangle" watch years ago and it is the only one I wear at all any more.  I have 3 other watches none really nice (a Tommy Bahama special that makes me think of Hawaii).  The B&M have a nice curve on the back that somehow fits on the wrist nicely.  Only watch I'll own of any value.

Have you ever been to London and wondered the "arcade" stores near Piccadilly Circus?  I don't know anything, but some of the Patek watches are sure nice!  I don't own anything worth enough to even test drive one of those beauties.

• Like 1