Pb-4000 vs 2x Klipsch R-112SW

Spirit_Rises

It does not.  

Just set volume levels properly and integrate with placement, phase, and room EQ.  It might take some effort and time but the results in the end should please.

Good luck.

Bill

14 minutes ago, willland said:

It does not.  

Just set volume levels properly and integrate with placement, phase, and room EQ.  It might take some effort and time but the results in the end should please.

Good luck.

Bill

so you s ay i should stick with my existing klipsch r-112sws? no need to spend money for PB-4000? 

i was thinking adding PB-4000 to my existing setup not replacing it with the r-112sws

12 hours ago, Spirit_Rises said:

so you s ay i should stick with my existing klipsch r-112sws? no need to spend money for PB-4000? 

i was thinking adding PB-4000 to my existing setup not replacing it with the r-112sws

No, I thought you meant adding the PB-4000 to your rig, not replacing.

Bill

Personally, I don't think the performance increase from the PB-3000 to the PB-4000 is worth 500 dollars more. The PB-3000 is an absolute beast.  If you're located in the U.S. hit up  @MetropolisLakeOutfitters if you wanna save some money off MSRP. You might find that going dual PB-3000s isn't much more than the MSRP of the PB-4000 and I think you will be much happier you did. Going from dual R-112SWs to a single sub you will find that the bass doesn't quite fill your room as well and you might have some nulls.

Edited by TMatt
  • Like 1

@TMatt

Looked at that one and "settled" for the SB-3000, it doesn't quite touch the depth that the PB goes to but it made a world of difference here... clean, fast and tight bass that doesn't detract from my F3s. Finally settled on 48hz for the cut off, and it adds a richness to the low end I already had also!

& who to get it from? You are absolutely right about that!