Authentic Klipschorns! - Seattle

Ryan from WA

I can only imagine that these must have been a special order veneer.  You just don't see stock pairs like that.

I was thinking the same thing. Those are gorgeous even though I’m not a fan of KHorns with the collar. Too outdated looking for me. But I gather that some people just look on the klipsch site and see the price for new KHorns and come up something they believe is fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what exactly the pattern in the wood grain is called, is it figures? cathedrals? Whatever it's called, it has those that really stands out from the plan sliced flat cut walnut used on most of the klipsch products from that era ie:
Image result for klipschorn walnut
Modern KHorns and the new AK6 use walnut veneer that doesn't look so flat cut basic walnut anymore
AKLIPHNAK6N_large@2x.jpg?v=1554094545
Image result for klipschorn walnut
Subtleties like that which can make the veneer look much more luxurious.  Though those Khorns for sale have that old oiled look that a lot of WO Klipsch products from their day have that i really don't like at all. It makes the walnut look too red toned. I really wish i could find an old pair of Walnut oil'ed Chours II, strip/sand them and give them a natural lacquered finish on top of the raw walnut and sell my black Chorus II and match my Walnut Forte III center. My Khorns are raw Fir,  and since i can't sell them as is and be happy with the pay out, i'm thinking of going big with figured walnut veneer one day when funds permit. 

They may say just Walnut on the label, but i don't think Klipsch has ever distinguished what kind of cut of walnut veneer they used. Usually only label the finish such as oiled or lacquered. California Black Walnut and Australian Walnut being two recent walnut veneers they've used by name to distinguish from regular walnut veneer at a premium price of course.

16 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Honey, I listed my Khorns for sale just like you told me to.... 

=== I’ll take ‘em -! I know what you paid and the way here - when can I expect you - and the agreeable Mrs. ?🤢

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cincymat said:

Honey, I listed my Khorns for sale just like you told me to.... 

57 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== I’ll take ‘em -! I know what you paid and the way here - when can I expect you - and the agreeable Mrs. ?🤢

Don't forget to stop in and see me on the way there (or back) like you did the last time. I miss you and "the agreeable Mrs."!

• Thanks 1