Swapping drivers question

wuzzzer

My 1983 Heresy have the soldered lug dual phase plug K-55-V drivers and I absolutely love them.  If I ever came across a pair of Cornwalls, Khorns, LaScala etc from that era would that midrange driver be a direct swap or would anything in the networks or horns themselves need to be modified?

I don't have anything on my radar but just wanted to plan in case anything ever pops up.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

K55V solder lug, to K55V push pin, to K55M,  direct swap

For any particular era thru to at least the late 80's, the tweeter, mid-range compression driver and the woofer were pretty much all the same units....for the K-horn, La Scala, Cornwall, and Belle, except for the woofer in the Heresy, which was a 12-inch model!  PWK was able to save lots of money on the drivers he used due to that "commonality" of parts and volume purchases of them!  Many consider that as a good part of his "genius" in designing his speakers!  By using the same compression driver for the mid-range in his speakers it only required different horn lenses to be attached to them!

• Like 2