RSW-15 died

WFP

RSW-15 DIED, CIRCA 2003. Followed forum advice and emailed Edwards Electronics. They now require prepayment of $250 plus $16 return shipping, then they send instructions for disassembly and shipping. Paid and shipped yesterday, FedEx ground.  Will post follow up.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

OP - any word yet?

EE was good to my RSW-15. I sent my parts in late 2016 (iirc) took about a month. Reinstalled and it worked flawlessly for 2 years. Late 2018 it stopped working again. I assumed a failed component - and purchased a replacement SVS-PB16 Ultra.

I had planned to turn the RSW-15 into an external amp powered unit - I opened it back up starting to plan the external amp thing - and noticed one of the spade connectors had become disconnected - I re-attached and it works again....so EE's fix was good and continues to be good.

So, now I have a butt kicking SVS-PB16 Ultra AND my still awesome RSW-15. The SVS is a damn fine sub and it is hard to say it is better than the RSW-15, I am not sure it is. I am not sure it is not.

• Like 1