Selling off what I don't use

oldred

7 hours ago, oldred said:

Hey sorry if it seems like I'm taking so long to get back to anybody. It was a hectic flight home last night. And I'm doing a little driving today. I'll get answers as soon as I can.

George

Do you mind if I ask how this all went down, since I posted and I will take it, and then never got a response? 

Don't mind at all.....you stated you were interested in one of the Sansui's and you wanted me to meet you half way between here and and South Bend....The person I sold them to wanted both units and was willing to meet me at a p!ace 40 minutes from my location. You later came back and said you would take both.  I took the local sale of both units.

This is why I don't use garage sale much...

George

I feel bad about how this sale is playing out for you @oldred . I know you wanted to avoid the drama club. I am elated at how things worked out for the both of us on the last sale. 

I believe I actually had first chance to buy when I was there, but passed on the gear in this thread and only purchased some fantastic looking Klipsch speakers. I tried to tell others to be prepared on the old (alerts) thread. Collections like yours do not go up for sale often. I would ask that others play nice and do not end up chasing you out of here

Hey guys, with gear and prices this good there is bound to be some friendly competition. Not everyone can win. Someone is always going to be left out. In this case the seller and the buyer both left happy. We are all grown enough to accept it for what it is.  For example I happen to know @jimjimbo is a very nice guy who has extended me great courtesy in the past. Can't we all just get along? 

Please don't leave us George.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2019 at 10:12 AM, oldred said:

Sorry....pulled post

On one hand I can see why. On the other it's not right / fair to you or others. I missed out on this deal too, and I'm pissed. I'm pissed at myself for not saying that I will buy them on your extremely fair terms. If someone wants to beat down the price, have something shipped the seller isn't willing to ship or some other terms, then they risk missing the deal. It's similar to not bidding high enough at an auction. Jim is a good guy and I believe he only wanted to know how far off he missed the deal.

@oldred keep your post up. I've lost deals in the past for similar reasons (and been upset), but at the end of the day, the seller is the only one with any right to the item for sale. He got a better deal, and you can't fault him for taking it, and most people would. There was nothing expressed in his ad that he would hold anything for anyone.

Sure, I'm holding out, but at the end of the day, if he decided to sell what I wanted to someone else, that's his perogative, and no one else's.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SemperFiAg08 said:

@oldred keep your post up. I've lost deals in the past for similar reasons (and been upset), but at the end of the day, the seller is the only one with any right to the item for sale. He got a better deal, and you can't fault him for taking it, and most people would. There was nothing expressed in his ad that he would hold anything for anyone.

Sure, I'm holding out, but at the end of the day, if he decided to sell what I wanted to someone else, that's his perogative, and no one else's.  

However, common courtesy on this forum or any other should guide both a seller and a buyer.

To all,

First let say to Jimbo ...I apologize for not following protocol . The last person I would want to offend or piss off is you. I have enormous respect for you. And have always listened to what you have to say. When I met you years ago.... at a get together.... you came in with a tube amp a Dragonfly DAC and a cell phone...and it blew me away. Before that day I had no interest in anything 2 channel...In a way I have you to thank for me spending all that money and starting my collection.

There comes a time in every ones life when none of this really matters anymore or takes a back priority. A week or so ago I had the pleasure of meeting someone from this community and selling him (what I and my friends refer to as my children) (2 wonderful pairs)...something that I put a lot of time and effort in bringing back to beautiful condition.

If you guys think I want to sell these things..... think again.... I am doing it now because my life has taken a major change.

I have known you guys for 10 years....it's been a great pleasure....I am not going anywhere

The only 2 things left are the:

PSA V-1800 sub    $ 600.00

Sunfire TGA 7201 $ 800.00

Turntables are off the table....got other offers

The Anthem ...I think is going to go to SemperFiAG08 if he is still interested ...and yes it is as good as new

Later

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, oldred said:

To all,

First let say to Jimbo ...I apologize for not following protocol . The last person I would want to offend or piss off is you. I have enormous respect for you. And have always listened to what you have to say. When I met you years ago.... at a get together.... you came in with a tube amp a Dragonfly DAC and a cell phone...and it blew me away. Before that day I had no interest in anything 2 channel...In a way I have you to thank for me spending all that money and starting my collection.

There comes a time in every ones life when none of this really matters anymore or takes a back priority. A week or so ago I had the pleasure of meeting someone from this community and selling him (what I and my friends refer to as my children) (2 wonderful pairs)...something that I put a lot of time and effort in bringing back to beautiful condition.

If you guys think I want to sell these things..... think again.... I am doing it now because my life has taken a major change.

I have known you guys for 10 years....it's been a great pleasure....I am not going anywhere

The Anthem ...I think is going to go to SemperFiAG08 if he is still interested ...and yes it is as good as new

Later

I am most definitely still interested in the Anthem, I was just waiting for a response via PM and we can work out the details. This will likely be my last audio purchase for a while (baby on the way this summer).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldred said:

To all,

Later

George, no worries.  There is more than enough gear to go around for everyone, and it's not like I NEED anything at all.

Funny you should mention that tube amp and Dragonfly DAC..  The amp was the first in a string of many that have cycled in and out of my 2 main systems, and I still have the Dragonfly.  Haven't found anything to match it for sound, price or convenience.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

George, no worries.  There is more than enough gear to go around for everyone, and it's not like I NEED anything at all.

Funny you should mention that tube amp and Dragonfly DAC..  The amp was the first in a string of many that have cycled in and out of my 2 main systems, and I still have the Dragonfly.  Haven't found anything to match it for sound, price or convenience.

Thanks,

George