Problems with Klipsch The Sixes

Nam Nguyen

On 6/3/2019 at 6:58 PM, Hvitball said:

Got a similar issue: not responding to remote, and bluetooth keeps flashing and unable to pair bluetooth to android or iphone. (phone says it connects, but light on sixes keeps flashing and wont play from bluetooth. Also: not responding to remote, only buttons on the sixes work. Reset not doing anything.

This helped some:

I pulled out the power chord, then flipped the switches and did a reset (without the powercable in to "epmty" it of power).

After that did a new reset with the powercable in, and presto, buetooth pairs again!

Remote still not working (and yes: I've got new batteries from the store, twice!)

call klipsch tech support -   you may have a defective remote or you might be directed to download software - advise the  dealer who sold you the product of the problem  they should get you up and running -welcome to the forum

On 9/11/2019 at 5:18 AM, Inherentvyas said:

Yes, i just got my brand new Sixes today. Tested, the remote does not work. The red light flashes on the remote, but the speaker does not respond to it. But my worse problem is with bluetooth, it keeps disconnecting randomly, i haven't been able to play continuously for longer than 10 mins. I tried on an LG V40, Samsung Tab S6, iPhone 10xs, Ipad Pro, all the same problem. At one stage after switching the speakers off and on again, nothing was able to connect back and it kept saying connection rejected. Is that a known problem?? How to fix it?? I just opened the box 1 hour ago.

call klipsch tech support -they will tell you if the product is defective or if it can be fixed by a software download

On 9/12/2019 at 10:06 AM, Charlie1 said:

Same problem as InherentvyasTook the Sixes out of the box yesterday, tried pairing, nothing happening. I have a BCM920702 BT transmitter on my PC, and it worked when I tested it a few months back with a portable BT speaker. Do I need a "gate" or some higher end BT signal provider?

no ------please call klipsch tech support ----could be a known issue---- advise the  dealer who sold you the product of the problem  they should get you up and running -welcome to the forum

On 9/15/2019 at 3:34 AM, Arnaud said:

Did u find a solutions ? I have the sale problems, and nothing work

call klipsch tech support  --------there is no reason why this should not work as it is brand new - advise the  dealer who sold you the product of the problem  they should get you up and running -welcome to the forum

On 10/18/2020 at 2:26 PM, RandyH000 said:

call klipsch tech support  --------there is no reason why this should not work as it is brand new - advise the  dealer who sold you the product of the problem  they should get you up and running -welcome to the forum

That's fine advice and all, but as someone who has lost a ton of time waiting on hold and getting frustrated with getting transferred around and dropped, I was kinda hoping that we could solve it with our combined experience. I mean, kinda defeats the purpose of threads like these if the solution is just, "Call Klipsch."

• 3 weeks later...

I am so let down.  Have wanted a Klipsch system all my life, since age 12.  My dad, an electrician and hi-fi geek, took me to a small stereo shop in Charleston, SC in 1972.  We stood and listened while the shop owner played numerous tunes through a pair of Klipsch Horns.  I will never forget. Wow! 

At 60, I finally treated myself to a modest Klipsch purchase. . . a 10" sub and a pair of powered speakers - The Sixes.  I've had them for about 60 days - and love the sound.  The pleasure of ownership is destroyed, however, by the frustration of routinely having to unplug, reset , turn on and off, operate without benefit of a remote because it won't pair.  I also feel betrayed . . . reading reviews pre-purchase, I assumed that I was reading concerns from the exceptional problem cases - the folks who most often take time to post.  Well, I was wrong - here I am,  Sunday morning - wanting to savor the peace and quiet and a little hi-fi music before resuming the work week - and now my blood pressure is up because my Klipsch equipment won't play without wearing me out first. Won't pair with Bluetooth, remote won't pair, can't change source with the knob.   Holy cow.

• 1 month later...

So I just got mine yesterday.  They are great.  I too had the problem though, which I think arose when I went to sleep mode rather than full power off.  DLed and loaded the firmware update and then I was fine.  It happened again today and I chatted (much quicker support than phone) with customer suppoer (Zac was my rep and he was super helpful).  They started the process to send me an exchange (which was great considering I purchased through an auth dealer on amazon).  Literally about 30 min later I found this thread and the power off and pull plug/reset/plug in/reset and it was fine.  I contacted support again to cancel the exchange.  If this happens occasionally due to finicky BT, then I can live with that.  If it becomes persistent, then I can choose to exchange at that point (within a year for the amp warranty).   And if beyond and they won't replace, I can always use the portable BT adapter I have and use that with the AUX input on the speakers.

• 2 weeks later...

Klipsch Sixes new out of the box two days ago.  12/30/20  Connected with ease and was thrilled with the sounds.  Changed out the sixes with the fives just to hear the difference, liked the sixes better for TV experience.  Fives are too ‘basey’ for dialogue and sound is muffled a bit.  

I put the Sixes back and bam, CANNOT pair.  Tried everything and I’m very disappointed.  It New Year’s Day so can’t talk with anyone but working thru optical cable for TV.  

With all I’ve read above, I’m worried I’ll need to return these.  I won’t fight resets every other day if that eventually works.

I have Paradigm now but needed the big amp to power those so I liked getting Klipsch quality sound without all the bolt on equipment.....I’m not happy now though.

Never expected poor quality from Klipsch....too bad.

-mike 

• 1 month later...

Hope I don't run into this problem.  Bought a pair of the walnut sixes a little over a month ago and have loved how well they sound.  I'll probably add a sub in as well....but don't really see the need to run out and get one right now.  Anyways....impulses kicked in and I bought a set of the ebony ones as well....seeing as how these are on closeout for $500 everywhere.  Figured I could always find a use for a second set.

On 3/4/2021 at 6:33 PM, PaulBorzoi said:

I have The Three Klipsch Bluetooth speaker to connect my Macbook, iPad, 2 iphones. All worked before. Now after month bluetooth does not work with any device...tried everything...I give up

Have you tried a factory reset?

• Disconnect the power cable from the speaker and wall outlet
    31.PNG
  • Plug the power cable back into the wall outlet
  • Press and hold down the source select knob on top of the speaker
    32.PNG
  • While holding, plug the power cable into the back of the speaker
  • The speaker has been reset

https://support.klipsch.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042302932-The-Three-Factory-Reset#:~:text= The Three - Factory Reset 1,5 The speaker has been reset More

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same issues with bluetooth not wanting to pair. Have to do a factory reset every time. The firmware update did not solve anything. Is there no fix for this problem?

Is it possible to go back to the previous firmware? I think the update only made it worse. 

Edited by Tomm2
Add new info

Hi guys,

I had the same problem, I did the firmware update and since, I don't have the problem no more.

Here is the solution :

https://support.klipsch.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039504451-The-Sixes-Firmware-Update

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I did firmware update and it solved a problem wit BT connection. But I still can't change source with the knob as well as with the remote controller. Remote doesn't have connection with the speakers. Did you manage to solve this problem?

My speakers worked perfectly for the last six monthts, the ybroke suddenly 😕

Hi,

I did firmware update and it solved a problem wit BT connection. But I still can't change source with the knob as well as with the remote controller. Remote doesn't have connection with the speakers. Did you manage to solve this problem?

My speakers worked perfectly for the last six monthts, the ybroke suddenly 😕

Ive had my sixes for about 2 months now , up to now bin very happy with them, but in the last couple of days

i have had bluetooth problems, the led light will not stop flashing even when paired to my samsung phone,

also after about 20 minutes of playing the speakers just shut down, power off with no led light on at all so

i have to switch the power of and on again and then they work again, i do hope that i can fix this problem out

because i really love the sixes especeily when conected to the klipsh sub, any comments please

thanks     Mark  

• 6 months later...

I bought these speakers on ebay. After 3 months of great work and enjoying the great sound of vinyl, they only started working through bluetooth.
When turned on, bluetooth blinks 1 time, phono 2 times, digital 1 time. The bluetooth search mode is activated and other sources cannot be selected.
The bulbs show 100% what the problem is.
But the support service was able to offer me to replace the $ 375 amplifier and that's it.
The problem is with terrible firmware not working as it should. Why does the company install electronics that it doesn't know how to work with? I will never even look towards klipsch again, even if there is a 90% discount.

The advice that was given in this forum helped only once. The speakers worked for about a month and broke again.
The support team can't do anything. 

Klipsh sounds good, but only when it works. BUT IT DOESN'T WORK.😭

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I seem to struggle with the Firmware Update.

It doesn‘t seem to do anything. I tried two Flashdrives, one <8GB the other one bigger.

Or it did it but I din‘t notice.

Is there any way to tell the firmware version an the Sixes?

thanks