Problems with Klipsch The Sixes

Nam Nguyen

Hi all, Has anyone ever find a solution our are we just stuck with broken bluetooth? This is not acceptable I have them for over a year I hardly ever really used them. But now no bluetooth even after resetting them.I tried probably 50 times no luck. The sound is awesome shame they couldnt get everything else right! Any suggestions tia.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I just bought them as second hand, sound is good, BT worked, but now BT is "blocked" slow flashing with no way to pair.

I tried "Reset" by switching them on, without power plug and it make them "restart" to one BT pair Ok.

I tried to upgrade firmware with a 8Gb FAT32 formatted USB key, with the right .hex file on it but nothing happend, USB key won't even light up.

So as asked before, is there a way to identify actual firmware version ?

If firmware upgrade finally work, will my remote still work ?

Edited by UniseV

• 2 months later...

Hi all on this thread. I also had problems with my Sixes but nothing truly worked until I bought a replacement amp and front input control panel. I replaced the amp, followed all the resetting options and loaded the firmware update but nothing really improved. Then I tried the new front panel and finally success. In fact you do not need the amp replaced at all but just that front panel. This solves the selector issues, bluetooth connection problems and the remote issues. Also found out after the fact that the new panel also works with old amp. I will say that replacing the front panel is definitely a challenge and you would be hard pressed to remove the old one without damaging it (bending the face plate). You also have to be careful not to damage wood veneer of the cabinet. Also, you need to use the existing cables as they are solidly glued in place and cannot be removed. So care is needed when removing the amp (if you choose to replace it) as you do not want to damage the cables or their connectors. I now have an extra useless amp - maybe I can find some use for it. I am totally happy that my Sixes work flawlessly now.   

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a new miniMac M2 that will connect to my Klipsch Sixes with this procedure. 

Start some music or video on your computer. Make sure it is playing sound through the computer monitor or built-in speaker. Power off the Sixes switch. Unplug the Klipsch power cord. Wait 5 seconds and re-plug and power on the Sixes switch. Press the input selection knob 10 seconds. The flashing light will flash then light solid. Speakers are now discoverable. Go to the computer (miniMac in this case) and click on the Bluetooth icon on the menu bar. If "Klipsch The Sixes" is not showing on the dropdown list (ie not connected), then click on "Bluetooth Settings..." in this window. Klipsch The Sixes will appear, click "Connect" and once paired, move up the window with the list of connected devices (now keyboard, magic mouse, Klipsch The Sixes". Finally, on the remote click on the Mute button 1-2 times. The sound will begin.

By the way this last step, pressing the mute button on/off on the remote is needed for my iPhone bluetooth connection as well. The Apple devices connect in Muted mode evidently. Another point, the bluetooth is feeble in two ways. You must be within 10-15 feet distance, computer to Klipsch. And if you play background music (low dB) the Bluetooth will cut out. 

Pretty disappointed in this aspect of the Klipsch Sixes. One of the prime reasons I selected this model is the ability to connect via bluetooth. On the other hand, a true audiophile might say "why buy such great speakers and then use a bluetooth connection that has highly degraded music signal". Maybe the full solution will be to run a cord from my computer's headphone jack all the way to the Klipsch and plug-in to the Analog Input jack there.

• 1 month later...

support offered to buy a new amplifier. I have a good friend who understands electronics. We dismantled everything and on the control board, non-soldered contacts on the memory board were noticed. There simply was no solder, this is a factory marriage. On the other board, on the contrary, there was a short circuit on two contacts. Component quality is great, circuitry is great, build quality control is terrible. The problem disappeared after soldering the contacts, but after 3-4 days it returned. As soon as you press on the components of the board, it starts working.
They didn’t get to the front panel, but it looks like there are problems there too.

• Like 1

The six. hello guys, I figured out the problem with these speakers, the problem is in the mode selection encoder, or rather, that it needs to be soldered, if you don’t have the ability to solder, just turn off the speakers, make one click of the encoder and turn on the speakers, they will work but use the remote. Klipsch ghe fives if you have problem please check ESD and Surge Protection for USB Interface.

Edited by voone1