Forte III CNET review

Drewg

Steve Guttenberg has awakened in the last year to the wonder of horn speakers, and Klipsch in particular which he finds has an exciting sound.

He called the RP-600M his "speakers of the year" and now he's given the Forte III a glowing review.  I appreciate his open mindedness and his focus on how the music from the speakers makes him feel.

All good stuff.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Steve Guttenberg has awakened in the last year to the wonder of horn speakers, and Klipsch in particular which he finds has an exciting sound.

Your exactly right, he is really liking the sound, kind of like he never really paid attention to those speakers before and now they caught his attention.

Glad he tried a bunch of amps, I hate reviews where they use their favorite amp or system and judge a speaker to others that may happen to sound good on that type of amp or system.  Everybody has run across a different combination that just doesn't work well together for whatever reason.

Nice review, I agree with him on the sound, they are really good speakers. 

• Like 1

He didn't say anything that indicates a changed mindset regarding classical music (or did I miss it?).  Coming from a loving owner of Forte 3s, I think they shine with classical (really pre-classical and some earlier "classical" - on period instruments - is what I have - a bunch of it).

One is driven by the interaction of an alternating-current voltage signal sent to a coil of wire attached to a movable cone, and a stationary magnet field (the 12" driver), and the other (the 15" driver) is driven by air pressure inside the sealed cabinet, created by the motion of the first driver?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I didn't hear anything from him that indicated a change of attitude towards classical music (perhaps I have missed something?). From the standpoint of someone who owns many Forte 3s, I think they shine with classical music (pre-classical and some early classical - on period instruments - is what I own - quite the collection).