B&C DE85TN mid driver available in 16ohm?

mopardave

I received the B&C de85tn drivers today.  Quantity was listed as 1, so I ordered 2. I received 2 pair.   They are 2 per box. Listed as $227 for quantity of 1. I paid $454 for what I thought was 2 drivers so did I get an extra pair for free or did I just order wrong?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mopardave said:

I received the B&C de85tn drivers today.  Quantity was listed as 1, so I ordered 2. I received 2 pair.   They are 2 per box. Listed as $227 for quantity of 1. I paid $454 for what I thought was 2 drivers so did I get an extra pair for free or did I just order wrong?

You lucky guy :D  Last time I looked they were about $300 EACH.  OK; the big question is "are you going to keep the extra pair or send them back?" :D 

4 minutes ago, JohnA said:

The 8 ohm impedance will require crossover mods, but will give you a nicer system impedance curve.

John, what change would need to be made on the DHA2 to switch to an 8 ohm mid?

Bruce

If you have the swamping resistor, you should not have to change anything.  If the squawker efficiency is waay less (unlikely) we might have to recalculate the squawker band-pass components.  The beauty of Al's swamping resistor is that large increases in "apparent" impedance have less effect on the crossover.  

1/10 ohms + 1/30 ohms = 1/i, i = 7.5 ohms    1/10 + 1/60 = 1/i, i= 8.5 ohms. 

But 1/10 + 1/10 = 5 ohms

Thanks John... I've swapped in a K69 on a different horn (until I get the MWM bins here, hopefully next week). My son is going to be getting the LS and I will probably pass on the MWMs after a while. Older son and I would still like to build a set of University Classics. He is making sure he can cut the angles correctly for the throats on them first.

Bruce